Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914ap speakerbox
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ericoneal
How do I mount my speakers to these? Do I need to cut out the faces, drill holes, etc? Not sure what to do with these to mount the speakers to them...
ericoneal
ALso, my car and speakers are across town in storage so I can really figure it out by having them in hand at the moment..

QUOTE(ericoneal @ Sep 15 2013, 07:51 PM) *

How do I m ount my speakers to these? Do I need to cut out the faces, drill holes, etc? Not sure what to do with these to mount the speakers to them...

biosurfer1
Yes, you'll need to cut out the speaker hole...the material is left there since different speakers have different sized openings. I would go get the speaker to make sure it's the right size, however you should be able to find the hole specs online if you know the size/brand of the speakers
ericoneal
THanks! I remember seeing the cut-out pattern on the speaker box now. Last question, what is the best tool to use for cutting this out without damaging it? They are fiberglass.

QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Sep 15 2013, 07:55 PM) *

Yes, you'll need to cut out the speaker hole...the material is left there since different speakers have different sized openings. I would go get the speaker to make sure it's the right size, however you should be able to find the hole specs online if you know the size/brand of the speakers

Mikey914
I have used a 5" hole saw. Works well, but measure off the center so you get it in square.
-Mark
euro911
Roto-Zip. If you don't already have one, check 'em out ... they're great smile.gif

Click to view attachment
steuspeed
You can get a bit like the roto zip for your dremel too.
Kaduku
QUOTE(steuspeed @ Sep 15 2013, 10:14 PM) *

You can get a bit like the roto zip for your dremel too.

Yup, used my Dremel with a roto bit.

rhodyguy
that's why they were REALLY great when james sold them pre painted and loaded with speakers.
CptTripps
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 16 2013, 09:36 AM) *

that's why they were REALLY great when james sold them pre painted and loaded with speakers.

I've still got a set of those in my basement that I won at WCR-2005! Loaded with Blaupunkt speakers.
JmuRiz
I have a set that I have yet to cut (trying to decide on stock or big speakers)...good to know about the rotozip suggestion. Even got some infinity speakers to match my alumn gauge rings. Good looking product for sure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.