Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Same crap, different decade
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rob-O
If you don't appreciate a good venting, click out of this thread now.

So last week I ordered a few items from a supplier in Georgia. I haven't ordered from them since 1990. Why did I stop? Bad customer service and because of repeated issues with them sending incorrect parts. Swore I would never buy from them again.

I broke down last week and sent them an EASY order. A cigarette lighter element, the bezel for the knob of the cigarette lighter, the metal ring that holds the base of the cigarette lighter assembly to the dash face and a new intermittent wiper relay. Four parts in total.

Parts arrive on Saturday. Open the box and of course the relay is the wrong part. Instead it's a voltage regulator for multiple models (924/944, etc.) but not the 914. So I'm kinda pissed because four parts should be easy to get right. Send them an e-mail on Saturday that says I got the wrong part, please ship me the correct part and send some type of postage so I can get your regulator back to you.

What happens this morning? I get an e-mail asking the part number of the part I received. No "sorry", no "let me get the correct part out to you, pronto".

There are tons of numbers on the box of this regulator (which I might add had already been opened). I don't know which number is the part number so I include all of the numbers I can find on the box, as well as the colors of the box, the manufacturer, and what model car the regulator appears to fit. Next response from them is 'Can I take a picture of the part'. Still no 'Hey sorry, I'm squaring you away'. WTF.gif

I know, I know, lots of you have worked with this supplier and never had a problem. I'm just venting because I'm a little pissed at myself for faltering on a vow I made over 20 years ago.

I will not make this mistake again in another 23 years... ar15.gif ar15.gif
URY914
Let me speak for everyone here in saying I am SHOCKED to hear this! stirthepot.gif av-943.gif
Rob-O
I actually laughed out loud at that reply... lol-2.gif
rhodyguy
enjoy the reship $ and restock fees. forget the generic email crap. call GEORGE direct or pm ripper911 with your complaints. rant @ 914club!! you've experienced the 'business model' we all love to hate. you've been very lucky dealing there. it's only a matter of time before KABLOOEY!!!
rhodyguy
btw...can you post a picture of the voltage regulator? lol-2.gif funtime, contact your credit card co and challenge the charge. then you can force them to send you a prepaid pickup slip if they want their crap and then give them the "atlanta stall".

k
r_towle
call George before you get to angry, he fixes things quickly.

rich
worn
I got asked for the photo too once. I also got asked to please mail the wrong item that I got to the intended recipient (which I did).

Oddly, I broke down last week too. And I got what I ordered!! blink.gif huh.gif
Rob-O
I just got an e-mail saying that the correct part will be sent and accuracy checked before it leaves. I told them I'd be happy to take some time out of my day to ship it back to them provided they send me the postage to do so.

I'll keep an eye out for re-stocking fees on my card too.

I definitely considered reaching out to ripper911 to have him walk the order through. But alas, I got hung up on the ease of ordering on the web and thought 'what can happen? It's only four parts!'.

If only I would've called to mind auctions on eBay of 'cooling fans with missing blades' (aka 'lighter for racing') and that silly piece of carpeting that has been on eBay for two years that is brand new but obviously not a 914 part, my logical thinking would've gotten the better of me and said STOP!
Rob-O
Yeah, I got nothin' better to do! biggrin.gif
Rob-O
QUOTE(worn @ Sep 16 2013, 10:44 AM) *

I got asked for the photo too once. I also got asked to please mail the wrong item that I got to the intended recipient (which I did).

Oddly, I broke down last week too. And I got what I ordered!! blink.gif huh.gif

We need to start a support group! I'll send you my number. Next time you're tempted, just give me a call, anytime, day or night.
rhodyguy
accuracy, OH MY!!! it's always cheaper to pay someone to do the same job twice. just charge more to cover overhead. up side is the co makes MORE when its done correctly the first time.
ripper911
IPB Image

Is this better?
Rob-O
Yup, absolutely.

Sounds like I should've sent you my order request in the first place. But, really, doesn't having to do so signify that the system currently in place is broken?
kodiak
Humans make mistakes. However when the mistakes persist for years, decades then there are some deep systemic problems.
What exactly is the vision and long range goal?
What performance management tools are in place? Short and long range goals?
Performance based compensation? Service Measurement Tools?
Training?

???? confused24.gif
ripper911
I always go by the part numbers and descriptions to ensure that the correct parts are sent. Sometimes I have help which isn't quite as thorough... at least the box looks the same. confused24.gif

My apologies.
Chris Pincetich
smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif
rolleyes.gif
Rob-O
The box does look the same! You gotta get that 'help' to look at part numbers ripper! Or somehow talk KAE into making different color/size boxes for each of the parts that they manufacture.
orangecrate
Really! If the parts guy can't read the part number, he needs to be helped along to a new job!!! I used to push airplane parts in the Navy and before they went to computers I could usually find what I was looking for in the parts book before the counter person--- upside down and backwards!!!
ripper911
All I can do now is send the right part, which has been done.

timothy_nd28
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Sep 16 2013, 01:21 PM) *

All I can do now is send the right part, which has been done.

I applaud the effort, but why not take the next step? Find out who handled the order and what went wrong so this doesn't happen again confused24.gif
scotty b
AA's ringer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkvhe8okP8c
bulitt
[quote name='scotty b' post='1927367' date='Sep 16 2013, 05:34 PM']
AA's ringer

av-943.gif
Dr Evil
Its like one of Woody's "guess who I did again and what happened again" threads.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.