Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Injector help please
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J-ROD
So I decided to change the injector seals before I put it up for sale and its kicking me in the butt! I started on the drivers side since that's where one was leaking. Pulled both injectors out and replaced big and small seals and the fuel lines from the rail to the injectors. I was very careful when unplugging them and when cleaning them. So what did I do wrong? This car has always started! I thought at first it just needed to build some fuel pressure back up but now I'm thinking it must be something I did? Can you plug the injectors in backwards? They plug in either way so does it matter? One side has the tapered edges but it goes into the injector either way? Next I will make sure that the fuel rail is getting fuel but I hope somebody could help with some ideas while I have some lunch. I don't think I hurt the wires but if so how would I check? Is there a how to? Thanks!
914itis
What size engine? Djet or ljet?
TheCabinetmaker
Pull the injectors out and place them in small jars. Remove the coil wire and crank the engine a couple turns. You should have fuel in the jars.
McMark
Are you sure you got the injectors into their holes? It can be quite tricky and I miss every once in awhile.
J-ROD
Got it piratenanner.gif I unplugged the fuel pump and plugged it back in then cleaned up all the fuses and she fired right up! Since I haven't done the pass side to bump the fuel pump I think it was a bad connection at a fuse? I should have tried to start it before working on it and it probably wouldn't have started. Idk but it runs now so on to the pass side seals! Thanks for the suggestions
timothy_nd28
What fuses did you clean? I assume you have a Djet?
76-914
agree.gif I chased a high idle problem needlessly because I had replaced those seals and knew that wasn't it headbang.gif . It helps to move the injector enough to "feel" it seat correctly. Check your CHT connection on the engine shelf before you go too far.
J-ROD
I dont know what injectors I have? Its a 71 1.7 liter and they are yellow. First I checked all the fuses with my meter because I dont know what anything is and after doing that and getting funky reading and having to pull fuses to actually get a reading I pulled ever fuse and clean them. Figured it wouldn't hurt before I have another issue because of a connection. I still dont know which one is the fuel pump? Is it one of the two in the engine compartment?
J-ROD
[quote name='McMark' date='Sep 16 2013, 02:38 PM' post='1927317']
Are you sure you got the injectors into their holes? It can be quite tricky and I miss every once in awhile.

We all miss once in a while... especially in the dark. av-943.gif
No I got them seated correctly although the old small seals looked like typical O rings while the new ones have square edges?
r_towle
QUOTE(J-ROD @ Sep 16 2013, 05:12 PM) *

I dont know what injectors I have? Its a 71 1.7 liter and they are yellow. First I checked all the fuses with my meter because I dont know what anything is and after doing that and getting funky reading and having to pull fuses to actually get a reading I pulled ever fuse and clean them. Figured it wouldn't hurt before I have another issue because of a connection. I still dont know which one is the fuel pump? Is it one of the two in the engine compartment?

yes, on the relay board.

You have Bosch Djet fuel injection.
Save this site below, you will need it.

http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/DjetParts.htm

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.