Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AC
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orangecrate
Anybody put AC in your teener? It's almost a must here in the Phoenix area if you want to drive more than maybe 6 months out of the year.
Mike Bellis
welcome.png

Many people have installed AC. It was originally a dealer item.
orangecrate
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Sep 16 2013, 02:01 PM) *

welcome.png

Many people have installed AC. It was originally a dealer item.

Dealer item Now there's a scary thought. I don't recall seeing anything in my manuals but then I wasn't looking very hard either.
timothy_nd28
If this is something you need right now, Automobile Atlanta sells a nice aftermarket kit ranging from 2500 to 3500
orangecrate
A bit out of my budget. I only paid 3K for the car!! And it was running and driving nicely------ then.
timothy_nd28
If you can hold off, I'm working on a radical different idea which does not use that silly under dash AC contraption. This is my winter project and still sourcing out all the pieces that I need to make this work. I'll do a write up later on how install a AC in our 914's without any cutting.
orangecrate
Sounds interesting. Can you do it on a McBudget? The car is in the midst of some R&R at the moment so I'm in no hurry. New floorpan, hellhole repair some other misc stuff.
timothy_nd28
Will do beerchug.gif
bulitt
Doug has a system up and running -

Dougs AC
bandjoey
search +air+conditioning
there are lots of threads here. Also, google 'hot rod air conditioning' and you'll find multiple companies that provide small hot rod systems that fit under our dash and modern parts. Of Course, you'll have to home make the pulley system for the drive belt.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.