Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: admin help request
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
we have a forum run by kids running php.
We have been having a problem with several email scammers loading up the email server and these guys have no time to monitor it every day...

What are the simple solutions, we have already turned off email, simple enough.

Thanx in advance
Rich
site is www.first.comclub.org
McMark
I'm not sure I understand the problem? Are people getting email spam or are people posting spam in the forum?
Brando
more details.

is this a website your company hosts? If you are hosting a client and they have fraudulent or illegal activity, you can shut them down. disable mod_php and tell them to get rid of any form-mailers or vulnerable PHP scripts.

This includes upgrading their forum software.
r_towle
apparently the kids got an emailfrom someone stating that they were receiving bulk email from this forum.

the email did not originate from that forum, it was just used as a hop, or a forwarding remailer.

Please take a look at the site.

Rich
McMark
Who's got control of the server? Do they know what they're doing? If there's a mail server running, does there need to be? What OS is the server running? What web server?

There's no easy answer.
Brando
ERRARZ!!@!@12OneonEOn!@!1
"www.first.comclub.org could not be reached..."

ping says:
Ping request could not find host www.first.comclub.org....
McMark
take off the www
Brando
also denied.
McMark
[Sisal:~] markd% ping first.comclub.org
PING first.comclub.org (67.18.133.226): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 67.18.133.226: icmp_seq=0 ttl=52 time=75.835 ms
64 bytes from 67.18.133.226: icmp_seq=1 ttl=52 time=75.426 ms
64 bytes from 67.18.133.226: icmp_seq=2 ttl=52 time=73.153 ms
64 bytes from 67.18.133.226: icmp_seq=3 ttl=52 time=75.367 ms
Brando
figures. it's a website for a bunch of COUNTER-STRIKE players.

EDIT: Nevermind. Not a CS clan. they're using PHP Nuke. I believe forums are integrated into that CMS and they should disable the forum on it until they upgrade to the latest version.

I'm not familiar with PHP nuke, but I have heard it's one of the most flexible PHP CMS's available and there are a ton of plugins to add features, as well as hacks to exploit it's holes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.