Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is it worth it?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brando
So, my engine is old. and tired. and doesn't run as good as it used to.

I'm thinking, instead of paying $1000 for a fresh 2.0l with goodies (ceramic lifters, lightened flywheel, ported & polished 2.0l heads, fresh rebuild...), i could just spend like $200 (or less) for new Pistons, Cylinders and rings to get more use out of my 1.8.

Is it a good idea? I won't have $1000 saved up anytime soon, heh.
scotty914
and where are you going to get a rebuilt 2.0 with goodies for 1000 bucks, i want 3 of em, one to keep one to sell here for 2 k, and 1 to eaby for 3 k
Brando
2 "complete" 2.0's at the shop from car's my boss previously owned. 1 complete non-running 2.0 engine from a customer trade-in 6 conversion (dropped a valve seat). If we were selling one of the "complete" 2.0s it'd probably go for what you want to sell it for. But since the shop owner's like my dad I think i can smuggle it into my car for under $1200 wink.gif $1000 if i buy the beer3.gif beer.gif

Back to my question... is using new Pistons, Cylinders and Rings for way cheaper a good idea?
anthony
Get the fresh 2L engine if you can get it for $1000. That's a steal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.