Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Break my webpage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
If you don't mind, can you go to SeanLee.tv and see if something doesn't work?
Thanks, it's not done, but done enough to test.

Thanks!
-sean
Lou W
Seems to be working fine to me. smile.gif
Robert21
smilie_pokal.gif working fine
SGB
nice work. Good page design, moderate use of bling. Your graphics are a pleasure to look at, too. Very nice detailing. I'm particularly fond of the chrome edge font on the J West sign.
airsix
Sean,
Very nice work. Nice to see a site with some style. Works great with Firefox. Couldn't find any formatting anomolies. Two thumbs up.

-Ben M.
chunger
mabe mine's weird, but the text is not lining up for me in firefox. Note: version 0.9.3

-'Chung
chunger
here's a pic
watsonrx13
Sean, very nicely done, loaded fast and very refreshing.

One thing, you might want to check is your descriptions with a spell checker. I found one typo on your Moving Graphics page, tought -> taught. I know the board members here joke all of the time about misspelled words, but this web page represents you and your company and you should be as professional as possible.

Anyway, great web page.... smilie_pokal.gif

BTW, when did .tv become available?
Pnambic
QUOTE(chunger @ Dec 15 2004, 01:40 AM)
mabe mine's weird, but the text is not lining up for me in firefox.

-'Chung

Looks alright to me in Firefox. What version are you using Chunger?
Part Pricer
Sean,

It looks nice and loads fast. But, there's always a "but" isn't there?

I would have to question the use of images where text could easily be used. I believe that you would be doing yourself a disservice by going with this approach. Because of the design of these pages, you will never get a decent ranking on any of the search engines. Google and the others score their rankings based on relevant content among other things. You could have thousands of pages linking to you, but would score low on the relevance test. Based on the current design, you could play with titles, descriptions, keywords and alt but you need to add text to the pages to get ranked.

You do want people to find you, don't you?
Engman
"produce custom graphics for a couple car clubs I belong to."

Sean, Sean, Sean - do not end a sentence in a preposition.

And lastly ' a couple of car clubs' ? Now 914Club is one, but with whom are you cheating on us!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif

M
seanery
thanks for the help guys.

typos suck! I've been too close to this thing the last two days and missed the poor spelling and grammar errors (except for Mark's). I couldn't think of a better way to reword that phrase.

Chunger-
Damn, that sucks! That kind of thing is my biggest fear.

Paul-
I'm not concerned at all about search engines, the page is to support my resume and offer more items as a portfolio, thanks for the advice, though.

Mark-
PCA- Central Indiana Region.

Rob-
Thanks, I missed that one, and the one Dan PM'd me about this morning. headbang.gif

thanks again!
SpecialK
Maybe instead of:

"produce custom graphics for a couple car clubs I belong to."

It could be written:

"produce custom graphics for a couple of car clubs to which I belong."

But all in all, it's a very professional looking website! beer.gif
Pnambic
Eh, why does it matter to this document or its intended audience that you belong to the clubs? I suggest...

...and produce custom graphics for several online car enthusiast websites.

...or some variation.
seanery
I like giving a little insite to myself...you know hobbies and whatnot without saying..."my hobbies include...." wink.gif

Kevin,
thanks...i like that change.
Rockaria
QUOTE(Paul Heery @ Dec 15 2004, 06:59 AM)
I would have to question the use of images where text could ...

I agree but on a slightly different note... Looks nice, but I bet its a bit troublesome to fix and update... With text, a typo or major update takes seconds with a click and edit, much quicker than loading your image program,editing the picture, saving optimized and downloading the images.

Plus, as we have seen... Sometimes it may not load correcly and the end user may be confused.
seanery
I've made some changes and added some new pages.

Thanks very much to those who have emailed, PM'd and left opinions here. I appreciate and value all of them.

wavey.gif
seanery
by the way, did all of you find the "About Me" page?
SpecialK
QUOTE(seanery @ Dec 15 2004, 08:04 PM)
by the way, did all of you find the "About Me" page?

Oh yeah...living on the boat must have been a blast (for a week or two wink.gif ). Would it be appropriate to make the "914club" reference a hyperlink in your document?
seanery
do you think I'd really want prospective employers poking around here wacko.gif
SpecialK
QUOTE(seanery @ Dec 15 2004, 08:32 PM)
do you think I'd really want prospective employers poking around here wacko.gif

huh.gif Very good point! blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.