Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: G-50
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
trcarrera
I was writing to ask about a G-50 Transmission. I have a 1975 914-4 that im turning into a 914-6 with a 3.6L. What I was wanting to know is what Transmission should I put in. The 915 or the G-50 Transmission. With both of the Transmissions what conversion should I do to get them to work in the 914.

Thanks,
Theron Hill
I would install the 915...lessssss weight wink.gif
trcarrera
Ok you think I should go with a 915 tranny. Can I buy a 915 Transmission that is all ready to go for a 914-6, a tranny that has the 914-6 conversion done. If so were can I get that.

Thanks,
Theron
Series9
I'm using an '84 915 w/Vellios conversion and limited slip in my 3.6 914.

Shifter is 915 and rods are from Patrick Motor Sports.

Surprisingly, this is the only picture I have:
trcarrera
WOOOW 914RS I would love to get more info from you. Like what brakes you are useing and with your tranny does Vellios have a web site. If you would can you send me all your info and any tips on your car.

Thanks so much,
Theron Hill
Britain Smith
If I were you I would check out the WEVO components to convert your 915 shifter to side shift and install it in your teener. I will promise that you will have years of trouble free operation and you will actually enjoy shifting your transmission. It actually feels like you are shifting a 993 and with that 3.6L liter you deserve too. Here are a couple of pictures, including a couple from a full tube frame racers and a couple of members here race and I help support at the track.

-Britain

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Series9
Hi Theron,

Welcome to the club. To do the tranny, you need to buy the Vellios conversion kit ($1800), buy an 8:31 110mm large-flange, limited-slip tranny ($1200-$1500) and have it rebuilt with the conversion kit and flipped diff ($1000).

Then, get a 915 shifter ($80) and the shift rods form Patrick MS (about $250, I think)

That's right: $4k+. Drive shafts and 5-bolt hubs are extra (like $600).

The rear brakes are '86 930 with 930 rear rotors.

I've posted so many pictures here, I'm surprised no one has told me to stop, so run a search on 914RS and you should be able to see plenty of pics of my car. If you'd like to see something specific, let me know.
trcarrera
were did you get your brakes, How much did you pay. How do you like them. I was thinking about http://www.vehiclecraft.com/Brakes/BigRed_...911_Upgrade.htm what do you think
John
I also am using a 915 with the Vellios parts.

You can buy a complete trans from Patrick Motorsports along with most of the required components (Axles, 915 shifter, shift rods, clutch release, etc, etc.)

Our trans is an 86. We are running a 3.2 not a 3.6 (YET).

As for the clutch/flywheel to go with it I would probably look to Kennedy Enginering.

Sorry, no pics on my laptop. I am out of town..... mad.gif
914Timo
I've posted so many pictures here, I'm surprised no one has told me to stop, so run a search on 914RS and you should be able to see plenty of pics of my car. If you'd like to see something specific, let me know.

If someone try to stop you posting pics, say to him finger.gif

I would like to see more pics about your 914, the transmission and especially the Vellios kit drooley.gif
Jeroen
Wevo all the way...
go check out www.wevo.com
Dave_Darling
Definitely Wevo.

The Vellios parts can be very tough to get ahold of. George pops up every once in a while when he feels like running off a bunch of new parts. In between those times, he seems to be pretty tough to get ahold of. We have carried his stuff in the past, but it's been tough to get it in when we need it. Not sure if we still list it or not. During times they're hard to come by, the prices go up and up...

The quality of his parts varies. Sometimes you get really nice stuff, sometimes you get... Less than entirely nice stuff.

I believe there is a fair amount of "messing" with things you still have to do to get a Vellios "916" shift setup to work.

The Wevo bits are... Well, they're works of art! Just look at 'em!! And, AFAIK, there's never any doubt of being able to get ahold of Hayden if you need to.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.