Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT ebay buying
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smrz914
One thing I hate about ebay is the amount of time people take to send something. The last few things I have bought, it took the seller at least 3 days to ship it. What is up with that. For example, I bought a fork for my bike on the 11th. I sent the guy an email this morning asking for the tracking info and he replies no problem and that he would send me my new fork tomorrow. What gives? I know to some that is a minor problem but I think that is a little rediculous to take that long.

BTW I pay as soon as I win, so this is not some eye for and eye thing. Rant over.
Britain Smith
Have you ever sold several items on ebay at a single time? It can be a nightmare!! You have several emails coming in, messages from ebay, messages from paypal, messages from UPS, questions from the buyers, questions about shipping, people asking for discounts, people asking to combine shipping, people asking for shipping quotes to Hong Kong, you name it...people ask it. The worst part is, you do it all while maintaning a full time job and try to keep your feedback positive. This is not a full time job for most people, nor do they have a staff or a regular UPS pick-up from their house. They also don't have boxes just laying around or a car big enough to carry several large boxes (the teener is my daily driver) to drop-off at UPS. Therefore, sometimes shipping can get delayed. If you really wanted it shipped faster, then buy it from a company or better yet get off your ass and go to a store.

Sorry, my rant is now over...I am going to bed.

-Britain
watsonrx13
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Dec 15 2004, 02:53 AM)
Have you ever sold several items on ebay at a single time?  It can be a nightmare!!  You have several emails coming in, messages from ebay, messages from paypal, messages from UPS, questions from the buyers, questions about shipping, people asking for discounts, people asking to combine shipping, people asking for shipping quotes to Hong Kong, you name it...people ask it.  The worst part is, you do it all while maintaning a full time job and try to keep your feedback positive.  This is not a full time job for most people, nor do they have a staff or a regular UPS pick-up from their house.  They also don't have boxes just laying around or a car big enough to carry several large boxes (the teener is my daily driver) to drop-off at UPS.  Therefore, sometimes shipping can get delayed.  If you really wanted it shipped faster, then buy it from a company or better yet get off your ass and go to a store.  

Sorry, my rant is now over...I am going to bed.

-Britain

Britain, I whole-heartily agree. I'm one of those newbies on eBay. My first auction ended a week ago. I'm still looking for a box big enough to ship a rear fender w/sail panel attached. Fortunately, the buyer didn't reply until 3 days ago, he's busy also. Anyway, just wanted to reaffirm your post and I don't think you're ranting, just stating the obvious... biggrin.gif
BIGKAT_83
I looked all over town for a large box to ship a hood in. Finally rode by a body shop and saw a large pile of boxes at the dumpster. They were more than happy to let me take as many as I wanted.
Try looking there.

smilie_pokal.gif
Gustl
I always try to find a matching box during the auction is active - so I don't waste any time after the end. In addition, I decided to sell a maximum of 5 items at the same time for the above described reason. So I can send out all items the day after I received payment.
But I wonder why some guys need more than 2 weeks for payment idea.gif
Anyway, I think in gereral it works good, blach sheeps are everywhere

Gustl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.