Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fog Light Flasher Relay Update...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
I made up the schematic of the Silver cube, a relay, and a yellow thing from what I could see.
This was installed 20+ years ago. I'm trying to understand how it works and whether I should replace it with a more compact module ie JWest
MartyYeoman
What exactly does this setup let you do?
Marty
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Marty Yeoman @ Sep 18 2013, 04:45 PM) *

What exactly does this setup let you do?
Marty

It allows the fog lights to be flashed when the headlights are off. The Hi/Low beam stalk triggers the flashes, but the headlights must be off. When the lights are on, the stalk merely toggles between the hi and low beams... smile.gif
Mblizzard
Doesn't the JWest wiring system do the same thing for $25?
904svo
Jwest makes a unit that does that.
Check pelcan parts.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(904svo @ Sep 18 2013, 08:03 PM) *

Jwest makes a unit that does that.
Check pelcan parts.

I understand the J West unit does the same thing, and will probably replace the existing parts with one; my question is diected at how the parts in my schematic work-especially the yellow thingy.
Tom
Jim,
All three look like some type of relays. Without knowing the pin out information on each one, it would only be guessing how they work. looks like the middle one is switching around ground to the other two.
Tom
904svo
I'm going to take a WAG the yellow relay is an old style flasher relay and the other
is a standard Hella relay. Which work on relay logic, that is one relay operates the
other relay then the 914 relays.
jim_hoyland
Removed the old flasher circuit and installed the J West module yesterday. The headlights now work properly and the fog lights still flash.

The JWest module was easy to install with the clear instructions, plus, all the wires have the correct terminals for the installation. Took me all of 20 minutes to install including the removal of the old parts. Plus the module fits nicely into the fuse panel between the relays and the fuses.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.