Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ebay Valve Adjustment Tool
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Allert
first time I've seen one. Do they work? Looks cool & the thought behind it seem like it'd work or do they just get it the way? I'm always wishing for another hand when I'm doing my valves!

The Tool

......b
scotty914
i would think it would be in the way. i could do my valves in 20 mins, using a stubby flat head and a quarter drive socket. i would loosen the lock nut, slip in feeler, tighen/ loosen screw. then tighten nut and check the clearence again. about 2 or 3 times per adjust i would have to loosen the lock nut again because it walked.
URY914
Maybe if the engine was out of the car. But when the engine is in you won't have enough room between the rockers and the inner ear.

How do I know? Well I bought one of those niffy tools years ago. I have never used it. sad.gif

Paul
scooter311
too bad - it looks handy and cool to have.

-buddies come over and see it sitting in toolbox - "Wow, you need a special tool to adjust your valves? That's cool!"

Don't tell them it's useless, just say, "Yep, gotta be special 'cause it's a Por-sha"
Bruce Allert
How does it work as to the increments on the handle? Looks like you could screw the valve stem closed then back it off to the desired spacing, hold it then tighten the nut. Am I close?

......b
URY914
I gotta lot of special tools; sawzall, hammer, port-a-band, welder.... biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.