Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Power Conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
I've had a difficult time locating something to convert 110v AC to 12v DC. Any electrical type people have plans to make something? Low amperage, maybe 1 amp. Just need to power a few light bulbs. Thanks.
Andy
Radio shack, grab a little wall transformer thats for 12v and cut the connector off!

(make sure it's rated to what you want, but 1000mA isn't that unusual).
McMark
Looks like this DIY kit might work. Yes? Doesn't say anything about input voltage. Safe to assume it can handle 110v?
Mueller
I have plans for one that I can scan and post in a few hours....I'm heading off to work right now and got some running around to do...

+/-12v regulated design

1.5amps
sgomes
do a search on Digi-Key for "wall power supply". It will come up with a couple of 12VDC supplies that can put out at least an amp.
rhaas
a simple car battery charger may work for what you need.
Howard
I have a drawer full of them from gadgets that have bit the dust. Phone charger, toy adapter, mini appliance adapters all work, just check the output. Radio shack sells them with variable voltage and amperage for about $30 but let me know if you can't find what you need. Most that I have are .8 amps or below. Will that work for you?
SLITS
QUOTE(Howard @ Dec 15 2004, 10:30 AM)
I have a drawer full of them from gadgets that have bit the dust. Phone charger, toy adapter, mini appliance adapters all work, just check the output. Radio shack sells them with variable voltage and amperage for about $30 but let me know if you can't find what you need. Most that I have are .8 amps or below. Will that work for you?

One for the pacemaker.....one for the brain waves.......one for the pecker extender.........
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(SLITS @ Dec 15 2004, 10:35 AM)
QUOTE(Howard @ Dec 15 2004, 10:30 AM)
I have a drawer full of them from gadgets that have bit the dust.  Phone charger, toy adapter, mini appliance adapters all work, just check the output.  Radio shack sells them with variable voltage and amperage for about $30 but let me know if you can't find what you need.  Most that I have are .8 amps or below.  Will that work for you?

One for the pacemaker.....one for the brain waves.......one for the pecker extender.........

one for ron's vibrator biggrin.gif
McMark
Looks like one of those wall bricks will work. I'm sure I've got one of those laying around. Mueller, I'd still like to see those plans if it's not too much trouble. biggrin.gif
Mueller
I'll have to e-mail you the PDF files, you can post them here if you wish.
Howard
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Dec 15 2004, 09:50 AM)
one for ron's vibrator biggrin.gif

Is that how he lost his front teeth?
davep
There are several power supplies for the thermoelectric coolers available at places like Walmart. These are generally good for 5 amps but not regulated. I'm responsible for the KOOLATRON design. Good for battery charging and a lot of other uses.

They'll make a vibrator really hum.
hargray2
You won't need any regulation to run light bulbs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.