Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1971 1.7 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
cpavlenko
hmmmmmmmmmm, what color for the fog/horn grills. My 914 is Ivory White, and the front and rear valances our semi gloss blk. I'm thinking silver chrome look or semi gloss blk. sooooooooo, any input much appreciated.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(cpavlenko @ Sep 20 2013, 02:37 PM) *

hmmmmmmmmmm, what color for the fog/horn grills. My 914 is Ivory White, and the front and rear valances our semi gloss blk. I'm thinking silver chrome look or semi gloss blk. sooooooooo, any input much appreciated.

What color are he bumpers? Unless they are chromed, they should be the same color as the car, which would mean there are no fogs and the grills should be body colored.

If the bumpers are chromed you should have chromed grills regardless of the fog light option.

These would be "original".
orthobiz
Post a pic!

Paul
cpavlenko
The bumpers are chrome. As of now, front bumper is being chromed, but the rear is done. here's a pic...
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(cpavlenko @ Sep 21 2013, 02:05 PM) *

The bumpers are chrome. As of now, front bumper is being chromed, but the rear is done. here's a pic...

Any more pics available? Would like to see the wheels better.
BTW, unless you have the chrome plug for the rear bumper, there are sources for re-chromed ones on this board.

What about the rear valance? Do you have one? How about the "914" insignia?
Pat
cpavlenko
Yes, there is a rear valance, but it's fiberglass, and the heat from header kind of bowed it in the middle. I will take some some better pictures of the wheels soon. I'm going to b putting front end to original state. When I got the 914 4 yrs ago, it had a 916 fiber front piece. Also no 914 emblem on rear. This 914 is a daily driver, and even long trip driver. been treating me good. No rust and the hell hole is in good shape. Rebuilt the trans a yr ago, 2 grand for that at Arizona transaxle. Plan to put this on stands when I retire, and go through the whole restore.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.