Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Ultimate Rally?!?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mike_the_man
Ultimate Rally

Has anybody seen this yet? I'm thinking the 914Club should sponsor somebody to run in it! biggrin.gif I'm even willing to volunteer! The prize is $2,000,000, so it's really more of an investment.
Aaron Cox
The prize is $2,000,000

wrong! 1st place gets 50k, 2nd 40k and so on.... 1 million IN PRIZE MONEY wink.gif

does look like a lot of fun though cool.gif
mike_the_man
Actually, $50,000 each checkpoint, there are 4 of them. Then $1,000,000 for best overall time. So, if you're fastest to all the check points, and fastest overall, you could win a total of 1.2 mil! Not bad for a weeks work. I'm sure a 914 would be reliable enough to run at 120+mph for 7 days straight, right? biggrin.gif How could we not win!
bondo
One of the routes is partly in singapore.. I'm guessing you do NOT want to get caught running from the cops there. And god forbid if you leave a skid mark burnout.gif
Stutgart46
If you go to www.fastdrive.org there are some videos taken from this years Gumball. Looks like a blast. It's a bunch of rich guys in ultra exotics having a good time.
Unfortunately I got the looks and none of the money. And my 914 or Boxster is about as exotic as it gets for me. wink.gif
Downunderman
If you don;t get arrested. http://www.twerally.com/
JmuRiz
I wouldn't do that ralley, for one the invite was sent out to everyone on the ferrarichat board as spam. Plus you'd be nuts to take all but one or two of those routes. I'd do the gumball or nothing, that one is well organized and not a scam for sure.
airsix
We could win this easy. Rusty can arange for a C130 to pick up one of our non-opp 914's. Then we just have the plane drop the 914 at the nearest airstrip to each checkpoint. The local "ground crew" will roll or tow the car through the check point and then back on the C130. Repeat for each checkpoint. Bill for the C130 should only be about half the purse and the club walks away with the rest.

-Ben M.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.