Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash Layout Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lsintampa
75 914/4 2.0l California car.

I've given up trying to find either a photo, diagram, or post about the dash layout.

1) What are the two lights in the main instrument cluster face that are just below the tach? (one is on the left one is on the right). One is EGR, what side should it be on and what is the other light for?

2) What are the two holes to the left and right of the cigar lighter for? They look just like the holes for light switch and or warning flasher, etc. that are on the left side of the steering wheel.

Thanks,

Len
zambezi
dash holes are Fog light switch and rear window defroster switch (if so equipped)
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(zambezi @ Sep 21 2013, 01:38 PM) *

dash holes are Fog light switch and rear window defroster switch (if so equipped)

Fog switch is on the left of the steering wheel. The hole on the left of the lighter is for the intermittant wiper option IIRC.

lsintampa
I don't have either rear defrost or intermittent wipers (that I know of).

I'll just plug them up.

The two lights under the tach (one to the left, one to the right)... one is EGR, I don't know what the other one is as the lens is missing. But it lights up with ignition on.

Motor is out of the car so I can't say what that light does with the motor running (should it ever see the day that it does run).

On a side, isn't there a 914 owners manual for idiots somewhere online?

Drums66
QUOTE(lsintampa @ Sep 21 2013, 12:33 PM) *

I don't have either rear defrost or intermittent wipers (that I know of).

I'll just plug them up.

The two lights under the tach (one to the left, one to the right)... one is EGR, I don't know what the other one is as the lens is missing. But it lights up with ignition on.

Motor is out of the car so I can't say what that light does with the motor running (should it ever see the day that it does run).

On a side, isn't there a 914 owners manual for idiots somewhere online?

....Cat converter maintenance light,same with EGR idea.gif (smog-75' 76')

Dave_Darling
EGR and CAT, that's what those are. They are triggered by the box in the passenger's footwell (in the foam block). There should be reset buttons on the box.

Check your Haynes manual, it will show you the box. A popular mod is to bypass that and use a regular speedo cable that runs from the trans to the speedo, instead of the later two-part one that goes from the trans to the box and from the box to the speedo.

--DD
914Sixer
They were only on cars manufactured for 75-76 California emissions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.