Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: engine tin removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ruddyboys
There is no way to get the top engine tin off with the engine in and not bend it. Is there a way to modify it so it will. After storing for the winter, come spring I would like to take it off to see if some rodent hasn't made a nest between the jugs, again.
Mueller
on some /4 race cars, I've seen them cut access holes in the sheetmetal to make sparkplug changes faster/easier.....just cut and make it so that they screw back on with tabs or the like...
Spoke
I was able to remove the tin from the cylinders on the passenger side with little problem. The hardest part was removing the screws which had rusted. About 5 screws came out ok, the rest I had to drill out. Replaced the screws with hex head bolts.

While the tin was off, I adjusted the valves. Man was that easy to do without the tin. I kinda wish that the tins were designed so the portion over the valve covers was removable.

Spoke.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.