Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2013 VW/Porsche Reunion Show
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turk22
All, figured I'd start a new thread, so it doesn't get lost in last years discussion.

The main show is on Sunday the 29th at GE Park in Springdale OH.
There is an Open House at MetalKraft CoachWerks the day before.

Here's the Link:
http://www.cincyvwclub.com/Reunion.aspx

We had a great turnout last year, maybe 15 or more 914's. Anyone going to make it there on Sunday. I hope to attend, and depending on how much I get done tomorrow, maybe go to MetalKraft as well.

Pipe up if you can make it (or even if you can't..)

Turk
toadman
The Austin Healey club is having their last autocross of the year on the same day but I think I'll go to the Reunion.
rnellums
I will not be in attendance this year, but would love to see some photos of the event as usual! aktion035.gif
tscrihfield
Turk,
I will be out there again this year! I'll be at marks shop too, hope to see you.

Thomas
Razorbobsr
QUOTE(rnellums @ Sep 22 2013, 01:01 AM) *

I will not be in attendance this year, but would love to see some photos of the event as usual! aktion035.gif

Are you reading my thread about my shifting prob? Any exp at fixing and alinment? Bob
turk22
Well I did my first valve adjustment, and did an oil change. I took the opportunity to verify my timing marks on the fan.

I didn't get the valve adjustment buttoned up until late, so hopefully I can time it tomorrow, and really get it dialed in.

I'd really hope to get over to MetalKraft too, I've never been there.

Turk
turk22
icon_bump.gif

Looks like it will be very good weather on Saturday/Sunday here in Cincinnati.

Hoping to hear from some of the guys who made the show last year.. you know who you are..

Turk
ky914
I plan on coming up from Lexington. I'll have pics of my tub and my donor car and will be looking for advice. I have never rode in a 914. I am hoping I can bum a ride from someone and learn some things while I am there. If I get my alternator belt replaced on the 951 tomorrow, I plan to drive it.
walterolin
I'm plan on being there Sunday, 914less at the moment. It's still on blocks. Somebody needs to take ky914 for a ride, let him listen to a type IV revving just behind his head.
turk22
I'm happy to give a ride... driving.gif
Nürburg Nomad
Assuming I can get my teener to idle I'll be there with it for certain!

Here's a link to last years post-show thread if anyone wants to see photographic proof of the number of 914s that were in attendance!

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=195337

I forgot to mention that sometime in late October/early November 2012 I was reading a internationally distributed Porsche magazine... forget which one it was? But there was a half-page spread with 3 photos on the show and one of them was a side shot of all the 914's; more importantly it mentioned that "The record number of 914's that show up was the highlight of the show!" so perhaps we can make that happen again!?
914forme
Yeah, I won't have mine there, its in Fred Flintstone mode right now. And the -6 is well in storage. Yet I am planning on being there.
turk22
I'd like to see that article!

QUOTE(Nürburg Nomad @ Sep 25 2013, 04:56 PM) *

I forgot to mention that sometime in late October/early November 2012 I was reading a internationally distributed Porsche magazine... forget which one it was? But there was a half-page spread with 3 photos on the show and one of them was a side shot of all the 914's; more importantly it mentioned that "The record number of 914's that show up was the highlight of the show!" so perhaps we can make that happen again!?

Jamie
QUOTE(ky914 @ Sep 24 2013, 06:14 PM) *

I plan on coming up from Lexington. I'll have pics of my tub and my donor car and will be looking for advice. I have never rode in a 914. I am hoping I can bum a ride from someone and learn some things while I am there. If I get my alternator belt replaced on the 951 tomorrow, I plan to drive it.

ky914, have we met, and are you a new member of the Bluegrass Region PCA club? I won't be able to make the Cincy event this weekend, but you're welcome to go along for a drive in my 914 in one of our upcoming club events. shades.gif
ky914
Jamie,

I haven't met you yet. I look forward to meeting more people. Just haven't gotten involved in the PCA events as I keep myself busy with 2 kids, and my always neglected honey-do list.

Please shoot me a message with the next event you plan to attend. I almost crashed the recent trip to the winery, but ended up with other plans.
GaroldShaffer
I will be there with my truck load of parts and a car on the trailer. Not sure if it will be my yellow 73 since it looks like I have a buyer for it, but maybe a friends 72 that he is selling also.

I will be there Saturday for the Open house also

Looking forward to meeting you guys and seeing some old faces also. beerchug.gif
turk22
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Sep 25 2013, 09:12 PM) *

I will be there with my truck load of parts and a car on the trailer. Not sure if it will be my yellow 73 since it looks like I have a buyer for it, but maybe a friends 72 that he is selling also.

Looking forward to meeting you guys and seeing some old faces also. beerchug.gif

Damn, I coulda saved shipping on the Temp gauge you just sent me!!
914forme

Cool, I'll PayPal you for a service cover please bring it with you. Bringing anything cool down? Spill the beans man. That way I know how early to get up and if I need to hit the bank to make it rain Sunday.
turk22
QUOTE(914forme @ Sep 25 2013, 10:29 PM) *

Cool, I'll PayPal you for a service cover please bring it with you. Bringing anything cool down? Spill the beans man. That way I know how early to get up and if I need to hit the bank to make it rain Sunday.

Good point... Garold, how much money do I have to bring biggrin.gif
I'm still looking for a good quality Center Console..
bigkensteele
I need a good 75 1.8 AFM and a metal 914 emblem if anyone happens to have either!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again. beerchug.gif
Van914
Sorry I will not be able to attend.
Headed to my HS reunion.
Have a great day.
Van914
914forme
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Sep 26 2013, 07:27 PM) *

I need a good 75 1.8 AFM and a metal 914 emblem if anyone happens to have either!

I have the emblem, I'll bring it down. I'll be the guy in the subadonor, you can't miss it. I'll be the only SVX in the lot.
bigkensteele
QUOTE(914forme @ Sep 26 2013, 06:32 PM) *

QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Sep 26 2013, 07:27 PM) *

I have the emblem, I'll bring it down. I'll be the guy in the subadonor, you can't miss it. I'll be the only SVX in the lot.

Sweet. I will be the only guy there with a car the same color as my avatar missing a 914 emblem on the back. But I now have back-dated bumpers! biggrin.gif
Nürburg Nomad
If anyone needs any more encouragement to come to the Open House at Metalkraft Coachwerks this Saturday checkout the awesome photos from last year here: http://www.dreistaatengruppe.com/PastEvent...14/Default.aspx

More info: http://www.cincyvwclub.com/Reunion.aspx

QUOTE(turk22 @ Sep 25 2013, 06:44 PM) *

I should still have the 2 photos I took on my phone, let me see what I can dig up... perhaps someone will recognize which magazine it is also?

QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Sep 25 2013, 08:12 PM) *

The 914 Service Cover man will be there in the flesh! If the 914 parts at the swap meet can surpass all the Beetle parts then we're really talking. Now we just have to make sure a sufficient number of operable 914s will follow!

I received compliments recently on the service cover Millie made when I replaced my spark plugs 2 months ago! They were impressed by the built-in magnets. I didn't realize you were right in the region when I ordered it a few years back!
Nürburg Nomad

FOUND IT! piratenanner.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong but that's your car in the foreground of the photo correct?

IPB Image

IPB Image
^^^ It seems the photo was taken before the last 2-3 914s arrived, mine included!

IPB Image
Credit goes to my girlfriend for finding the article while at ol Barnes & Noble, seen here in this mysterious photo reading about Golf's! It think it was actually about December/January when I stumbled upon this?

IPB Image
I slightly recall it being this issue, which would make sense as we would never pass up a cover with an Aubergine 911 on it! Don't quote me on it... perhaps someone has a copy of this and can check Page 72?

Photos in the article taken by this fellow: https://www.facebook.com/stephan.szantai
turk22
QUOTE(Nürburg Nomad @ Sep 27 2013, 04:01 PM) *

Correct me if I'm wrong but that's your car in the foreground of the photo correct?

IPB Image
^^^ It seems the photo was taken before the last 2-3 914s arrived, mine included!

w00t.gif
Wow! My car in a classic Porsche magazine!!! <must.....have....a....copy>

Thanks a lot for posting it, appreciate it.

Turk
Nürburg Nomad
QUOTE(turk22 @ Sep 27 2013, 08:51 PM) *

QUOTE(Nürburg Nomad @ Sep 27 2013, 04:01 PM) *

w00t.gif
Wow! My car in a classic Porsche magazine!!! <must.....have....a....copy>

Thanks a lot for posting it, appreciate it.

Turk

Haha, you're very welcome. I'd have even bought a copy if mine was in it, but this must have been taken right before I parked in front of the Tangerine one. If my teener was at the front of the photo like yours I'd probably buy 2, and frame 1 for the garage!

Who's making it to Metalkraft Coachwerks today?
914forme
Nice line up of cars today, but then the rain came. I was walking back from my car and people where leaving faster than a pack of beagles chasing a rabbit.

Bummer because it was nice to see everyone.
rnellums
Pictures please! biggrin.gif
914forme
Yes please as I took none.
bigkensteele
QUOTE(914forme @ Sep 29 2013, 06:38 PM) *

Yes please as I took none.

Thanks again for the emblem, Stephen.

Gary was the photog for this event. I am certain that he will post the best he has after he goes through them.

Not as many 914s this year as last, but a great time was had by all. I had the pleasure of meeting some guys that I have seen on here for years as well as catch up with the local fellas.

driving-girl.gif flag.gif cheer.gif
ky914
It was good to meet everyone. I didn't take many pics, but here are a few...

First couple are of a very nice 72 914 that was available for sale at the show for just over $10k.

IPB Image
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

turk22
Yep, it was a good time, even if I wasn't there as long as I would have liked because of the weather... I left just as the rain started...

Good to see everyone again. We have to get together for a quick '914's and Coffee' event, where we can just shoot the shit.

There is still a lot of good weather ahead for the next couple of months...
Nürburg Nomad
QUOTE(turk22 @ Sep 30 2013, 02:16 PM) *

Yep, it was a good time, even if I wasn't there as long as I would have liked because of the weather... I left just as the rain started...

Good to see everyone again. We have to get together for a quick '914's and Coffee' event, where we can just shoot the shit.

There is still a lot of good weather ahead for the next couple of months...

I agree! and yes... I didn't take too many photos but I'll be sure to upload a few good shots in the coming days!
GaroldShaffer
I had a great time. Nice to meet you guys. The Saturday night open house was great. Some really nice cars! I will be at the Louisville swap meet on Oct12th hope to see some of you guys there also. beerchug.gif
walterolin
Had a good time, too. Nice to meet in person some of the people I talk to here on this site. Picked up a needed uncracked rain tray from Shaffer, he was having a fire sale on trays. I'll miss the October 12th meeting. Might have a running '14 there next year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.