Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 race car, excellence magazine featured!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
scootergt3
Long time rennlist member, I just wanted t post his here as well.

Featured in Excellence Magazine!

CHASSIS/BODY:

SN 9140431307, 1970 car delivered new to Porsche Dealer in Torrance, California. Original owner"s manual and maintenance book included. The car has the VIN tag on the A pillar, on the passenger fender, and on the passenger headlight bucket. The door sill sticker is gone. The chassis is in excellent shape with no accidents and no rust. The car has lights & turn signals.

The chassis was walnut shell blasted to remove all dirt, paint and surface rust. Extensive reinforcement of the chassis was done to all suspension areas and many body seams were welded. The car was then coated with zinc chromate primer and painted silver.

The car has the following components:

Factory steel GT flares seam welded on, rear flares extended 2" Complete roll cage tied in very closely to chassis

Fiberglass panels:
• Doors with no inner panel
• Front lid modified to extract hot air from the oil cooler, aluminum pins
• Rear deck lid, aluminum pins
• Roof panel, about one third weight of original
• Rear bumper, modified to remove air from underneath
• Front bumper/spoiler. Custom one piece unit matches GT flares. Removable front splitter
• Rocker panels

2" Carbon fiber wing mounted on billet aluminum uprights, 10 degrees of adjustment

Lexan front windshield and rear window

Original doors (steel) included

Complete car in race trim weighs under 2000 pounds.

ENGINE:

3.8 liter 380 HP, built on new 3.8 liter RSR case

Mahle 102 mm cylinders, J&E 12.5: 1 pistons, Pauter rods; Crank modified for extra oiling on rods 2 and 5

Crank, cams, pistons, and headwork done by Northwest Engine Machine Engine assembly by Dwain Dement of Vision Motorsports Inc., Laguna Hills, Ca.

Twin plug ported heads, titanium intake valves, AASCO valve springs, Center drilled racing cams

Custom throttle bodies, 6 x 55 mm

Motec M4-8 sequential engine management with data logging and lambda control Six direct fire coils, two plugs per coil

Quick release circular electrical connectors from engine

Engine has several “track days” time on it, but no racing.

FUEL SYSTEM:

16 gallon custom made Fuel Safe fuel cell mounted low in front, fuel level gauge Holley 115 gallon per hour primary pump and filter

1 gallon pressurized fuel surge tank

Bosch high pressure pump and large fuel injection filter -8 AN Kevlar wrapped Teflon fuel lines

Dry break quick release fittings from engine

Asking $42,500
eric9144
Price? Did I somehow miss that? smoke.gif
URY914
QUOTE(eric9144 @ Sep 21 2013, 09:34 PM) *

Price? Did I somehow miss that? smoke.gif

$42.5
FrogMut
Transmission is ?
IGTARD
What's your twenty shades.gif welcome.png
Very nice! Wish I had the coin! Trans- 915 I bet.
scootergt3
Tranny is a 915 with cooler/pump
scootergt3
car is on ebay as well guys!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261310509761?ssPag...984.m1555.l2649
Thanks for update.. If I had to do it again, I would simply buy yours.
Northwest did my case / heads/ crank etc and I know Dwain as I see him at the local tracks.... free bump icon_bump.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.