Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Working speedometer *bought*
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
corsepervita
Want to buy a working speedometer. It's ok if the glass or plastic face is ugly as long as it works. My speedometer is not working and I need to get it fixed. I suspect magnetic pickup is bad. Odometer works fine, gears turn fine. However, speedo part doesn't work. I took it out and tried spinning it with a drill and the needle barely moved, and would only move if the gauge was upside down. So I believe something in the pickup is busted.

Anyway, if someone has a working speedometer, I'd love to buy it so I can mix and match parts. My car is a '70 - although I'm not sure if it'll matter since I was under the assumption the gauges were the same for all years unless it was a /6?
Mblizzard
Being a 70 it should be a 120 silver dot. If you want the same gauge let me know. I also have a late 150 if you want it.

I have not verified the operation of them but I will post some pictures this afternoon.
corsepervita
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Sep 22 2013, 08:31 AM) *

Being a 70 it should be a 120 silver dot. If you want the same gauge let me know. I also have a late 150 if you want it.

I have not verified the operation of them but I will post some pictures this afternoon.

Yes, 120 silver dot. Unfortunately, someone told me they had one for sale and I sent funds... and now they can't find the speedometer. So my money for a speedo is off floating about in the information super highway till I can either cancel it with paypal, they send me the funds back, or they find the speedometer.

I'm a tad pissed, to say the least mad.gif
Mblizzard
QUOTE(corsepervita @ Sep 22 2013, 07:40 AM) *

Yes, 120 silver dot. Unfortunately, someone told me they had one for sale and I sent funds... and now they can't find the speedometer. So my money for a speedo is off floating about in the information super highway till I can either cancel it with paypal, they send me the funds back, or they find the speedometer.

It happens! A lot to my car keys.....

Let me know if you come up short I am going to post them in a few days.
corsepervita
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Sep 22 2013, 12:06 PM) *

QUOTE(corsepervita @ Sep 22 2013, 07:40 AM) *

It happens! A lot to my car keys.....

Let me know if you come up short I am going to post them in a few days.

Sounds like they found it. I got upset a bit unfairly as it's only been hours since the transaction. I suppose I need to have a beer and relax or something. I'm getting too b****y lately. Maybe a vacation or something is needed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.