https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hStcyDj830Q
Jgilliam914
That would ruin your day!!
timothy_nd28
I wonder if that master cylinder came from Rock Auto barf.gif
ChrisFoley
I give it a 9.0
sixnotfour
right Right RIght RIGht RIGHt RIGHT !!!!!!
Krieger
Sometimes you have to go slow to go fast. Major screw up by that driver! Did the guys get out?
rhodyguy
"mind the jersey barrier". "check...". "hold your breath!"

k
Spoke
Nice slide coming out of the previous corner.

Didn't look like he got off the gas until he hit the brakes into the wall.

Notice the reaction of the 2 guys to the left of the video at the end. They barely looked up from their electronic toys to do anything for the guys in the water.
Dave_Darling
He stayed on the gas for a while after coming out of the first corner. You can see the car's nose dive when he gets on the brakes--way too late. After a moment, he locks them up and that's when the tire smoke starts. He might have been better off turning the car at that point instead--he would have hit the wall sideways, which might have kept them out of the drink.

But hindsight is 20/20, as they say.

--DD
J-ROD
I think he was a nascar driver... made the left but didnt know how to turn right? Maybe he will move on to speed boats next?
Sleepin
That's the first video in a while that made me exclaim "Oh Shit!"
URY914
I've seen this on 5 websites today.
timothy_nd28
text messaging and driving do not mix
Sleepin
IPB Image
speed metal army
The wrong kind of excitement! biggrin.gif Yikes!
pete000
As they all say, "That will buff out"
'73-914kid
For a loosely sprung rally setup car, there was not near enough "nose dive" when he got on the brakes. You see more front squat out of Porsche cup cars.. I don't think he ever lifted, because he physically couldn't. I'd bet that the throttle stuck coming out of that corner..
SirAndy
QUOTE(Krieger @ Sep 22 2013, 08:29 AM) *
Did the guys get out?

It looks like it in this video. One guy with a helmet trying to help another guy with a helmet out of the car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsuhlAP8sMI

unsure.gif
drive-ability
That was a stiff chassis, didn't look like it did much to the front of the car. To push a K barrier or what ever its called over and not shred the car is amazing. Hope everyone is OK !
worn
QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Sep 22 2013, 06:45 AM) *

Just saw this video, not sure if it's old

"Wait I have to reset my phone instead of run into the water to help the drowning people. Or maybe I stay ere and call my girlfriend. Where is that number?"
ben*james

This just aired on CNBC.
The world sets the new standard for fast efficient delivery of news. piratenanner.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(drive-ability @ Sep 23 2013, 11:28 PM) *

That was a stiff chassis, didn't look like it did much to the front of the car. To push a K barrier or what ever its called over and not shred the car is amazing. Hope everyone is OK !

The K rail should have been pinned down and linked together. It might not have gone into the water if it had. And your're right...almost all the energy went into the barrier.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.