Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shifting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Razorbobsr
In an effort snug up my shifting, I bought a bushing kit from AA. I replaced the broken brass bushing at the rear and the ones in the shifter itself, in doing so, I find a U joint yoke looking connection just aft of the firewall that does NOT currently have anything looking like a bushing in it, should it? What would it look like? Best described as a U joint[Looking] with out the U joint bearing caps, loose so that it clangs against my header, does this sound right? Bob
Spoke
There are other bushings in the shifter linkage. It's best to replace all at the same time.

Got a pic of what you're referring to?
SLITS
The one connected to the rear shift rod (side shifter) should have a bushing in it (both sides).

Shift Coupler Bushing
Razorbobsr
QUOTE(Spoke @ Sep 22 2013, 12:25 PM) *

There are other bushings in the shifter linkage. It's best to replace all at the same time.

Got a pic of what you're referring to?

I could take one but dont know how to load it up, next mess down shows the 2 bushing that go there, I got them from AA but had no idea where they went? Till now. Bob
bandjoey
http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/914tech_articles.htm

See here. Pictures and stuff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.