Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: starter wont crank
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ruddyboys
starter working fine, then a click and didn't crank. all i would get was clicking like dead battery. charged batter, and the same. jumped the starter with screw driver and the solenoid pops in and out and no crank. is the starter fried?
Drums66
....Probably(get it tested) idea.gif
bye1.gif
914itis
I would say it's gone if the solenoid popped with no turns .
Rand
NO! Ignore the dumb posts above. First clean the battery posts and cable terminals, then try again. Amazing how often this is a fix for your exact symptoms. Please do and report back.

It's a process to troubleshoot, not a dumb guess at an answer.
turk22
agree.gif

Check this out, same symptoms, bought an un-needed new starter, and fixed it with a $5 part...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=192269&hl=

Turk
914itis
QUOTE(Rand @ Sep 22 2013, 05:18 PM) *

NO! Ignore the dumb posts above. First clean the battery posts and cable terminals, then try again. Amazing how often this is a fix for your exact symptoms. Please do and report back.

My dumb ass will ignore that.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Rand @ Sep 22 2013, 02:18 PM) *

Common sense and rationality have no place on this board ................

The Cap'n (Ya miss me?)
ruddyboys
I will give this a try this weekend. thank for the advice
Drums66

....Coming from something with an IQ of *0* idea.gif (only valid thing said was "report back")
bye1.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Rand @ Sep 22 2013, 01:18 PM) *

Things haven't changed around here...... lol-2.gif
Tom
Drums66,
I'll bet that you did not know you were a mind reader! You certainly read mine.
Tom
Rand
QUOTE(Drums66 @ Sep 23 2013, 11:37 AM) *

....Coming from something with an IQ of *0* idea.gif (only valid thing said was "report back")
bye1.gif

Coming from someone who apparently only posts while on weed, I would suggest you post less smileys and more intelligent answers to the real questions. Wait, what was your actual answer to this thread?
Rand
Sorry for the distraction ruddy.
Did you clean all the battery posts and terminals?
What have you done and what are the results?
Rand
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Sep 23 2013, 04:25 PM) *

QUOTE(Rand @ Sep 22 2013, 01:18 PM) *

Things haven't changed around here...... lol-2.gif

Need to see more of you around here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.