Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Machining adapters for Subaru to 914 axels?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CptTripps
Is anyone machining flanges to adapt the output flanges from a Subaru 5MT to work with 914 axels?

I have a set of the Renegade high performance axles that I'd like to re-use if possible. These axels were $700 and are beefy as hell. I'd rather not re-buy something if I don't need to.

Just wondering if it is as simple as having a set of "adaptors" made?
BIGKAT_83
Try these guys....Subarugears
they have the adapters and the locking sleeve. The locking sleeve is about $180 dollars shipped and the adapters are less than $500 now with the exchange rate.
jimkelly
I believe you don't need flanges - you need to have your 914 axles machined to accept a suby cv joint at the suby trans.

there are several different suby cv joints, so be sure what you are gonna use.

http://www.dutchmanaxles.com/services
d914
Buy your Suby axles first,,, there are various vc config s out there.. I just had mind cut and splined for $200...

Click to view attachment
76-914
pm sent
jimkelly
time out for you av-943.gif
d914
cpt tripps ,,, listen to Bob based on your config.. you have some different adapters in there already.
CptTripps
Hmmm...the plot thickens!

It looks like I can get a set of ADP Flanges from another member, but want to make sure I'm not buying the wrong thing.
CptTripps
Got em!

From the reading I did, these should allows to use the beefy-ass axels I have already.

They replace the output flanges on the 5MT and have the right bolt pattern for my axels' adapters.

...at least in theory...
Mike Bellis
The odds of your renegade axles being the right length are extremely remote. When you need new ones, check out these guys. They also sell single axles if you call them.

http://www.pacificcustoms.com/axles.html

BTW, your Renegade are a 33 spline VW Type 2 axle. Most likely with 944 CV's.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.