Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: brush plate for starter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
worn
I was rebuilding a spare starter and I was pulling back the brushes so they would lock in the open position to put the rotor comutator back in. Well one of the little coiled springs that hold the brushes in place snapped off. I don't even have a beginning of an idea of where to find a replacement for the spring or even the whole plate for that matter. Seems a waste to toss the whole project for a tiny piece of steel. I have thought of annealing the remaining end and curling it, to replace the little curl that snapped off, but that would make it a different length than the rest.

Any ideas? It isn't so much that I need the starter (this would be the 2nd spare in case the 1st spare wasn't available screwy.gif ), it is I hate to throw it all away for a little spring.
SLITS
Bosch components should be available.

Here's an Amazon.com link:

Bosch Starter Brush Holder
worn
QUOTE(SLITS @ Sep 23 2013, 11:38 AM) *

Bosch components should be available.

Here's an Amazon.com link:

Bosch Starter Brush Holder

I have said it before and I will say it again. I haven't met him, but SLITS doth ROCK! pray.gif pray.gif
76-914
agree.gif and sometimes he rolls, too!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.