Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another one is saved
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
Last Saturday I was bringing my girl back from a band concert and we came acrost this car. I stopped off to look at it and see if the owner knew about the club. He said no and was wanting to unload this car. I asked how much and he said $400. I had to go to the bank and get the money but they were closed. So monday morning I called and told him I would bring half past and the rest when I came and got it. Well today I got it. The kids have named it the Nuclear Banana mueba.gif
spare time toys
its here thats my 12 year old on the trailer with what he hopes to be his one day. He needs to stop growing for that to happen. blink.gif
spare time toys
front view
spare time toys
dig those crazy threads wacko.gif
rick 918-S
Nice score! More photos please! hows the hell hole?
spare time toys
some rust
spare time toys
more rust
spare time toys
i have another hood and decklid so not woried bout those but in here....
spare time toys
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 15 2004, 07:28 PM)
Nice score! More photos please! hows the hell hole?

Its like the thing sat and is rusting on the top side. It was getting dark but the center and floor dont look to bad. Once the 928 is apart this one will go uo on the dolly for a thourogh exam. cool_shades.gif
GWN7
Nice find smilie_pokal.gif

A chain and two tow straps...you can tell how it was moved over the last few yrs. biggrin.gif

and a Porsche licence plate holder beerchug.gif
kafermeister
Hmmm. Looks like Lagoon Blue in the fender well. What year did you say this car was? (I forgot what you said in the other post)

Rick
skline
I like it!! The work it needs isnt that much. Lose the rear deck and spoiler, the spoiler doesnt look right on a Chalon anyway. Repaint it yellow and put a Boxster S sticker on the rear deck lid. Hehehe. Drop the V8 in it and go blow some Carerra's away.
jr91472
Damn Larry your on a roll. 928 and a 914 in the same month.

I dying to drop by sometime. Maybe after new years?

very cool
markb
I'm gonna say the same thing to you that I said a while back to Craig. I hate you. biggrin.gif
Great find. If you decide to dump the seats & door panels, lemme know. They'd go great in the wide flared monster I've got.
Joseph Mills
Nice score! smilie_pokal.gif

I'll give ya' 500 bucks for the fuchs. biggrin.gif
sixnotfour
This is better than BarnFind.com smilie_pokal.gif
double-a
good job! looks like $400 scores are all the rage these days...

~a
spare time toys
QUOTE(kafermeister @ Dec 15 2004, 07:48 PM)
Hmmm. Looks like Lagoon Blue in the fender well. What year did you say this car was? (I forgot what you said in the other post)

Rick

Its a 71 and it was blue at one time, at least the engine compartment was. Ill get the vin on the list this weekend Im working a double shifts next couple of days.
skline
Well, Larry, If it were mine, I would fix the dents, repaint it yellow, paint the trim black, by trim, I mean the rockers, trim on the bumpers, the flex looking things on the bumper sides, and all the chrome mouldings and door handles. Kind of a Bumblebee Chalon. I think it would look awesome that way. I would also strip and POR15 the undercarraige and paint it black as well including the fenderwells. Call it Mellow Yellow!
jim912928
great find!...the rims alone are worth more than that!
seanery
Damn,
Larry's getting quite a collection!!!
dinomium
Great find, and I think it NEEDS A WING!!!!
Just happen to have one for sale too!
wink.gif
btw that child is BIG monkeydance.gif
skline
QUOTE(dinomium @ Dec 15 2004, 08:04 PM)
Great find, and I think it NEEDS A WING!!!!
Just happen to have one for sale too!
wink.gif
btw that child is BIG monkeydance.gif

Lets see the wing, I bought one on Ebay a long time ago and the guy never sent it. It was painted yellow and the picture he had it was still on the car. I am looking for a specific wing. The regular spoilers dont look right on the Chalon. But there is one out there that would not look too bad. Post a picture!!! Please
SpecialK
AIN'T THAT A BITCH!! headbang.gif

I PAID $2600 FOR....(ooops, don't want to wake-up the wife and kids)....I paid $2600 for a car that's in worse shape than that (rustwise)!

And I'd get that kid of your's smokin' cigarettes as soon as possible to stunt his growth a little...........he'd probably kick my 17yr. olds ass! biggrin.gif

Seriously....Great find!! smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.