Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wire
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
I don't know if this has anything to do with that cut out problem or not, but I hope it does, but I'm guessing that the one wire that is loose from the connector, which may have gotten bumped, or something, wouldn't be there for no reason, if it were not to be put into that thingy??

It is a black wire that is just under the yellow wire on the right hand side of the electrical bracket. I have no idea what that particular wire's job is.

When I first noticed it, it made me think that it could be something that from vibration could have made contact off and on, as it was partially out.

I'm not exactly sure how those go in there, I assume there are little screws that hold them in?

I may have to take the maid body loose, in order to look in there to see?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
904svo
There a black/brown which goes to the points, which i think also goes to your tach
adapter, and yes it will cause ignition problem.
partwerks
Not that it matters maybe, but out of the blue, was having the engine cut out for about 7 seconds, and coming back on when going at about 75.
On a Subie, WRX.
r_towle
What are we looking at and where are we?

Do you have a stock 4 cylinder motor?
partwerks
I have no idea what all those wires go to.

I have the 2004 WRX, 2.0, with the stage 2.

I presume a screw holds it in place??
Mike Bellis
Those type of set screw terminal blocks should be tightened often in this type of environment. At least once a year. Copper is soft and will cause it to loosen.
SirAndy
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Sep 23 2013, 07:58 PM) *
Those type of set screw terminal blocks should be tightened often in this type of environment. At least once a year. Copper is soft and will cause it to loosen.

agree.gif

The type of terminal is called "Lüsterklemme" and isn't really meant for automotive use.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%BCsterklemme

shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.