Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1972 914 with Corvair 6 conversion- Sold
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
JRust
I am selling off my projects as I bought a nice finished car. Still kind of split on my LS! conversion. So this is up for sale first. Here is my Rustoration thread on it http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...&hl=corvair

I bought it as a runner. Rear trunk has rust but it's still solid. Battery tray is solid as is the hell hole. Since I've gotten it. I've done a complete 5-lug swap. I took it off another car but updated the front end. The rear was in good shape & has vented rotors. The rear calipers have a spacer to accommodate them. Which still allows for the E-Brake. The front has new turbo tie rods, new vented rotors, PMB rebuilt calipers & new brake pads. Also updated to a 19mm MC & brakes have been bled.

I have the drivetrain out at the moment. Pulled for an exhaust leak. I've got the replacement donuts for it. I had planned to update it to a side shift while it was out. Now I'm just going to stick with the original tail shift. You can buy it as a roller with the complete running drivetrain for $3500. You reinstall or change it as you like

Or I reinstall the drivetrain & make it a driver again. $4500 for it then

This is a nice solid car. Definitely needs paint but is a great 914. With it's 5-lug conversion done right & a solid Corvair motor. This motor has nice torque over a stock 4. Click to view attachment Sorry it will come with a nice set of 5-lug 15x6 cookie cutters with nice fresh rubber
JRust
Couple pics of the Cookie cutters that will come on it biggrin.gif
JRust
I'll be working on it some this weekend. Haven't had any takers on the project. So I'll just get it put together. May even have it painted & sell as a finished car. More to come biggrin.gif . Of course then the price will go up conisderably happy11.gif
914werke
Is that the orig. color or is it a color change?
JRust
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Oct 11 2013, 11:26 AM) *

Is that the orig. color or is it a color change?

It's been repainted. Supposedly the stock gemini blue metallic
JRust
icon_bump.gif Help me buy a new house & shop! Found a killer place on 1 acre with a 4bay 48x20 shop evilgrin.gif
FourBlades

This is a killer deal for someone! piratenanner.gif

John
JRust
I am putting this back together this weekend. So this will be sold as a driver. Thought someone might want to grab it & paint it first. Oh well & I'll get some fresh pics up too
JRust
Added a pic with the Cookie cutters on it finally. Haven't gotten he drivetrain put back in. Rolled it off my lift so I could strip down my black basket case. So it's still available at the $3500 if you want to do that part yourself biggrin.gif
JRust
X-mas Special $3200 as a roller with the motor & trans. Just not installed. I will even consider delivery for some gas $$$ to CA. I will be taking my family to Disneyland Dec 21,22 . I am driving down Saturday the 20th & am dropping a motor off at Original Customs. So if anyone down there wants to take the plunge. We can work something out biggrin.gif

Wow I'm surprised nobody has jumped on this. I'm into this a good $4500 so am taking a decent hit selling sad.gif . Knowing how hard it is to find a nice solid car. Guess my timing sucks confused24.gif
JRust
Sale Pending as a roller
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.