Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Colours?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GWN7
Besides the fact I need a new camera....
skline
Thats kind of cool. Change from the original black and white ones. If I didnt have new ones already, I would ask for a set colored to match my car.
redshift
I think you spell like a Brit.

M
GWN7
I spelt it that way just to confuse you Miles smile.gif
redshift
You are corrupting our brain trust.

smile.gif

M
freezing14
I want a green set to match my car
freezing14
this green
redshift
Just make em from jello.... snowman.

laugh.gif

Stay warm! (like -10.. or whatever..)

M
maf914
Is that by any chance Malaga red?

Bruce, How do you recommend mounting the front clips? Rivets or nuts and bolts? I ask because the fronts in my car were originally mounted with large rivets.
redshift
Nuts-n-Bolts work fine, I have a set of B's roof thingys in my car... ONLY THING THAT WORKS!

smile.gif

M
scooter311
I galnced at the picture quickly and thought they were candies (you know, like swedish fish or gummi bears) and thought what the heck is he talking about???

How much for the dandy, candy-like colors ('colours', for Miles)?

I need a set of rear rubber holders too....
skline
QUOTE(redshift @ Dec 16 2004, 12:21 AM)
I think you spell like a Brit.

M

I think that is more French than British. But I dont speak French and I knew what he meant. Miles was up late and just looking to make some fun.
GWN7
QUOTE(maf914 @ Dec 16 2004, 05:52 AM)
Is that by any chance Malaga red?

Bruce, How do you recommend mounting the front clips? Rivets or nuts and bolts? I ask because the fronts in my car were originally mounted with large rivets.

If they were rivited in someone replaced the bolts. There should be:

For the rears: 1- M6 X 35 bolt, 1- M6 nut and 2- A6 washers

Fronts: 2- M6 X 12 and 2- A6 washers

If the front nuts are missing you might have to get a slightly longer bolt to replace the stock bolt and add some nuts.

The official names for these parts are : Front- Bearing Bracket, Rear (isn't so techinal sounding)- Support for roof. biggrin.gif

As to which colours (colors for Miles) are available :
Red, Black, Brown, Orange, Yellow, Green, Violet and Blue.

These are made with a dye which is added to the material when it is mixed and I can make them as dark or light as possible. I can't guarantee they will be exactly what someone wants, but I can try to make them as close as possible. Cost:add $2 per bracket and a picture of the colour from Here would be helpful.

Before anyone asks, yellow ones are faster. biggrin.gif
davep
Actually, sometime in 1974 I think they started riveting. PITA
GWN7
I didn't know that. All my cars are 74 and earlier.

beerchug.gif
Root_Werks
I would probably try to eat those. laugh.gif So do you have the front ones ready for sale yet? I just got my wife a 914 so I will be needing another rear set and two front sets. Great job! smilie_pokal.gif
GWN7
The fronts are going out tomorrow so if you want some Here is the info.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.