Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 3.0 or 3.2 complete
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
rick 918-S
Had a friend ask me if I knew where he could get a 3.0 or 3.2 to replace the 2.7 in his father in law's 911.

Anyone have one collecting dust they want to part with? Looking for a plug and play.
NORD

get out of here. I've been watching for one. Try the bird board. They come up
rick 918-S
QUOTE(NORD @ Sep 25 2013, 12:47 PM) *

get out of here. I've been watching for one. Try the bird board. They come up

happy11.gif
McMark
Do you get the 2.7 as a finders fee? poke.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(McMark @ Sep 25 2013, 07:01 PM) *

Do you get the 2.7 as a finders fee? poke.gif

Haven't worked that out yet. But it's my Mercedes friend. He will have no need for the 2.7
ConeDodger
I bought two 3.2 liters on the Bird the same week and sold one before seeing it... I had to make daily trips to the Bird for a couple weeks but they're there for sure.
JmuRiz
I agree, WTB posting on the bird board usually works.

What are the specs on the 2.7? Mid-year stock CIS, or something hotter?
My brother has a 911 with a #s engine that needs a rebuild, hot 2.7 might be a nice hold-over engine smile.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Sep 26 2013, 06:43 PM) *

I agree, WTB posting on the bird board usually works.

What are the specs on the 2.7? Mid-year stock CIS, or something hotter?
My brother has a 911 with a #s engine that needs a rebuild, hot 2.7 might be a nice hold-over engine smile.gif

That's how I bought mine. Specified exactly what I wanted and got it for less than I expected in a 2 hour drive from my house. Cash deal.
TravisNeff
they seem to be drying up, try checking the dismantlers or a WTB ad on the birdboardd
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 25 2013, 11:28 AM) *

Had a friend ask me if I knew where he could get a 3.0 or 3.2 to replace the 2.7 in his father in law's 911.

Anyone have one collecting dust they want to part with? Looking for a plug and play.

I've got a friend that did have a nice running 3.0 that he wanted to sell. I will call him tomorrow and see if he still has it.
timothy_nd28
What's considered a good deal for this type of engine? I've been long considering this conversion myself.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.