Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 spotted in Austin
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bob L.
'74 Red/maroon, top on and I think windows up. so I think it's an A/C car.

It was turning onto I35 south from Oltorf. I was 2 cars behind it at the light.

It's the first 914 I have seen driving in Austin, Other than mine.
Nice looking car!
Click to view attachment

Anybody here??
Woody
Don't know it but there's a few of us down in San Antonio. Last PCA autocross had 4 or 5.
balljoint
This should be in the Garage.

Hang on, I'll move it.
jpnovak
There are a few of us in Austin.

PM me and I will add you to my email distribution list. I keep the early 911 driver's list and we have a few 914 members as well.

76-914
Wouldn't want to be at that intersection or anywhere east of it after dark.
MDG
QUOTE(balljoint @ Sep 25 2013, 02:56 PM) *

This should be in the Garage.

Hang on, I'll move it.

ohmy.gif

That's it. I'm oot.
Bob L.
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 25 2013, 02:26 PM) *

Sooo... you know.
IanS
I used to live in the apartments on the east side access road there when I was going to St. Ed's. Ahh memories.
patssle
QUOTE(Woody @ Sep 25 2013, 09:49 AM) *

Don't know it but there's a few of us down in San Antonio. Last PCA autocross had 4 or 5.

Must be nice....over here in Houston - never seen one on the road in my life (aside from mine). Nothing at autocross (except mine). Finally saw one at a recent Cars/Coffee event - that was nice.
76-914
QUOTE(Bob L. @ Sep 25 2013, 01:21 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 25 2013, 02:26 PM) *

Sooo... you know.

40+ years in Austin. Going back in Dec to see my new grandson. smile.gif I have kept the "Keep Austin Weird" bumper sticker on my van. happy11.gif Is Matt's "El Rancho" still around? chowtime.gif
jbyron
Matt's is indeed still around, and still pouring mighty fine Margaritas.
El_Duderino
I'm in Austin, but my 914 is track only, so you won't see it in action...unless you happen upon Harris Hill Road, where you will likely see MANY 914's as we have a spec 914 challenge series there every month.
Woody
QUOTE(El_Duderino @ Sep 27 2013, 10:22 AM) *

I'm in Austin, but my 914 is track only, so you won't see it in action...unless you happen upon Harris Hill Road, where you will likely see MANY 914's as we have a spec 914 challenge series there every month.

Going to H2r tomorrow for a PCA track day. Hopefully it doesn't rain. piratenanner.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(El_Duderino @ Sep 27 2013, 11:22 AM) *

A very fast 914 driver and his wife might be interested in that event.
They moved to Texas last year.

Any details or a link to the site I can forward along?

rich
El_Duderino
QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 27 2013, 03:22 PM) *

QUOTE(El_Duderino @ Sep 27 2013, 11:22 AM) *

A very fast 914 driver and his wife might be interested in that event.
They moved to Texas last year.

Any details or a link to the site I can forward along?

rich

H2R is a private, members only track...an awesome group of people.

Here is a link to info on the series. Keep in mind, it is a spec series, so any 914 competing has to meet the requirements...which exclude a LOT of "very fast 914 drivers" :-)

Link

The rules are on an external site:
Rules and Specs
ben*james
There is a guy named Mark in Austin who has a 3.2 white 74 for sale. 15.5k. I nearly bought it until something up here fell in my lap. Anyway, there is a few around down there for sure.
PittsM12
Newbie here in Austin. Just bought a 914-6 GT conversion project. I'll pm and get added to the list! This forum is very helpful
Woody
QUOTE(PittsM12 @ Sep 28 2013, 10:03 AM) *

Newbie here in Austin. Just bought a 914-6 GT conversion project. I'll pm and get added to the list! This forum is very helpful

welcome.png
Bob L.
QUOTE(PittsM12 @ Sep 28 2013, 10:03 AM) *

Welcome!

Now show us some pics.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.