Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Andy's paint work
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gint
I assume Yeaman's, but did they do it all (pre-prep, everything) or did you do a lot of upfront work? Did the paint get stripped to bare meatl or did it just get scuffed? If so, was it the original paint or a repaint.

Thanks
SirAndy
QUOTE(Gint @ May 23 2003, 09:29 PM)
I assume Yeaman's, but did they do it all (pre-prep, everything) or did you do a lot of upfront work?  Did the paint get stripped to bare meatl or did it just get scuffed?  If so, was it the original paint or a repaint.

yepp, Scott Yeaman did the paint job. they did all the prep work, including smoothing out the cut apart rear bumper (had to cut it for the rear trunk replacement). fixing the front hood (had been folded in half once), the rear lid spoiler (had separated from the lid in one spot due to rust) and a lot more stuff ...

the trunks and engine bay were sandblasted, the rest was scuffed (except interior which is still POR-15 black)

original paint was "Signal Orange", car had been repainted in red a long time ago, the paint was in pretty bad shape.
trunks were painted with "Rock-Guard-Gray" barf.gif

here's a before pic:
IPB Image

inbetween:
IPB Image

and after:
IPB Image
Gint
Thanks Andy.

When does it hit the road?
SirAndy
check out my website for more info (and 100s of pics) on the car ...

My Car's Home Page ...

Andy
Gint
But they're blurry.....
SirAndy
QUOTE(Gint @ May 23 2003, 09:43 PM)
When does it hit the road?

very soon!

got the new dash in today. looks great!. need a seat and steering wheel and pedal assembly. some other trinket crapola. if i had time to work on it every day, i'd say a week or two ...

Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE(Gint @ May 23 2003, 09:46 PM)
But they're blurry.....

ar15.gif Gint fighting19.gif

hehe ... smile.gif
Gint
hanged.gif
SirAndy
ok, ok ...

Gint wub.gif
Gint
MDB2.gif
Brad Roberts
Let me be the first to say: Andy's car was a POS. Its close to flawless now. He got a pretty decent deal from Scott.. they did it after hours.

B
Joe Bob
Andy.....send him a glass of bleach.....he likes it. blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.