Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: six conversion parts needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete-stevers
looking for for an extesive list of parts to buy for my 3.0 six conversion. I have a complete 911sc for parts for the engine, tac...
what I am looking for is oil cooler coil oil tank hoses engine mount(type)
recomendations on the tranny rebuild and gears and cooler etc....
I have converted the front suspension and rear brakes to vented/ but have lost the ebrake(any Velious rear kits available) confused24.gif
the car is to be a road car with the remote possibility of auto-x
Any recomendations for dealers on these parts, or private?? wink.gif ?
Steve
914Timo
Use 915 trasmission and WEVO sidesifter mechanism. The gear rations of stock 901 are not very good with 3.0L six. It is not cheap alternative, but worth the $$.

Use RJ type engine mount. I did mine myself and saved lots of $$$.

Oilcooler.... If you mean remote oilcooler, first make sure you will need one. If your climate is not hot, you dont need one.

Good luck aktion035.gif
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(914Timo @ Dec 15 2004, 11:10 PM)
Use 915 trasmission and WEVO sidesifter mechanism. The gear rations of stock 901 are not very good with 3.0L six. It is not cheap alternative, but worth the $$.

Use RJ type engine mount. I did mine myself and saved lots of $$$.

Oilcooler.... If you mean remote oilcooler, first make sure you will need one. If your climate is not hot, you dont need one.

Good luck aktion035.gif

I liked the stock 4 cyl gearing for my 3.0. The only thing I would've changed is maybe a little taller 5th for highway cruising.

There's more than one way to add a external oil cooler. I put one in the right side
rear 1/4 panel, in the wheel house, directly behind the battery tray. Worked fine, but I didn't do track events. Probably would be OK for autocross.

Steve, PM me. I've got lots of conversion parts in stock, including Rich's mounts, oil tanks, sheetmetal, etc.
Root_Werks
You will also need the little stuff, but depends on which trany route you take:

Muffler hanger 2.0 works
914-6 tin
Bell crank for throttle linkage

If you keep your 901, straightened shift bar.

I make all the above stuff (sameless plug) biggrin.gif

If you use the 915, I don't know if my bell crank works on that. On the plus side, you can keep your 3.0 flywheel, otherwise if you keep the 901, you have to buy one specific for the 3.0/901 combo.

There has been a recent topic on the cross bars. I think I would go with a bulk head mount system if I were you. For a 3.0 the cross bar may not work for the long term from the pic's I have been seeing? sad.gif
Dave_Darling
Have you seen the articles on the Bird site?

http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/914-6_cons..._info_guide.htm
http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/914-6_cons..._price_list.htm

(Note--the second link does not show a complete set of parts you need... Plus, there is more than one way to convert a car.)

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.