Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coming to LA tomorrow, Driving back to Michigan
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
orthobiz
Flying out with my buddy tomorrow, head out on Friday AM. Visiting Eric Shea Friday night, staying somewhere in Nebraska on Saturday, visiting Brad Mayeur Sunday night. Back to Michigan on Monday. I am psyched!

Paul

IPB Image
Mike Bellis
driving.gif

Good luck!
Mblizzard
Sweet! Good luck that is a heck if a trip in a new car.
JoeSharp
Wish I could help. Somebody needs to put on a work party for that car.jsharp.gif
billh1963
Have a safe trip! That will be quite an adventure beer.gif
Harpo
Have a safe trip and keep us posted on your trip
DRPHIL914
Good luck with the trip. I was just watching the weather channel last night., looks like some winter weather up there where you are passing thru on your way back.
Make sure you put together or take with you a winter emergency kit! I know being that you are from michigan you already have made these plans, but just thought i would put that out there. driving.gif
rick 918-S
Nice! beerchug.gif Road trips are the best! aktion035.gif
Java2570
Wow! That's a heck of a trip! Hope it goes well and be safe!! Oh, and take some pics..... beerchug.gif driving.gif
Drums66
...Car looks cool man sunglasses.gif ....be safe & god bless!!
bye1.gif flag.gif
JawjaPorsche
The chrome Mahle's look awesome! beerchug.gif
eyesright
I know what you mean. I'm leaving Oklahoma in a few days for a trip to (Huron county) Michigan, then to Tennessee, then back. Michigan is a great place to drive this time of year. And you get to drive there all year. (But don't tell anyone besides Porsche-philes.)

Road trips are great, and a new red car to boot. Bet you can hardly wait. Good luck.
billh1963
So....has the trip started?
ConeDodger
Supposed to start this morning! piratenanner.gif
R8CERX
Enjoy the trip!

Best wishes!
piratenanner.gif driving.gif
JStroud
Good luck on your trip, if you need anything around Sacramento Ca, call my cell, 916-834-6574. I have trailers, lifts and tools.

Enjoy driving.gif

Jeff
URY914
AAA member I hope. biggrin.gif
Chris H.
You'll be rolling right past me after you hit Brad's. Crazy weekend for me but if you have any trouble in the south Chicago suburbs along I55/I80 ping me. I have all the guts from a 1.8 car handy...just can't bring myself to sell the stuff yet.

The likelihood of you breaking down right after leaving Brad's is nearly 0% so have a great trip!
green914
driving.gif have fun on your drive, piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif be safe.
r_towle
Did he get lost already?
orthobiz
Thanks for all the support. Belonging to the world means a lot to me. I am on my way to Sandy UT and am about 200 miles out. Car is a great driver except for a really glitchy second gear. Somehow I'm likely to hit snow tomorrow!! And I'm not even in Michigan.

This car has really pretty shiny red paint, no dings or waves and, of all things, a leather interior! But as my nitpicky list of little things gets longer I keep reminding myself that "it's a 40 year old car."

Can't believe the speed limit is 80 in Planet Utah!

Paul
orthobiz
IPB Image

Last night,gusgomez, lotusjoe and orthobiz. We musta been tired, looks like we are ready to fall over!

Paul
orthobiz
IPB Image

Gassing up this AM with my buddy Mike.

Paul
orthobiz
IPB Image

Always look so much better in person than through the phone lens but we've been through some impressive stuff. Although, coming from Michigan I do wonder where the hell are the trees?

Gus has called me three times to see how it's going...

Gotta love it!

Paul
Kaduku
Looks like good times!!! The car looks good too, but where are the splattered bugs?

SLITS
Go East young man; go East for trees!
Eric_Shea
Great time with the gents last night. Paul and Mike arrived right on schedule. The car looks and drives great.

We went out for some Vietnamese food and talked all things Porsche and 914.

The boys hit the road at 7:30 removing the frost from inside and outside the windows. They should be hitting Rock Springs, Wyoming about now. Heading to Lincoln, Omaha or Des Moines. Last I heard was; "I guess we'll stop when we feel like stopping".

A short drive on Sunday should put them in the capable hands of Brad at 914ltd. for a few odds and ends.
orthobiz
Thanks for everything Eric!
Just passed Cheyenne. This car loves the road!

Paul
x-faktory
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Sep 28 2013, 02:47 PM) *

Thanks for everything Eric!
Just passed Cheyenne. This car loves the road!

Paul

Paul,
I just finished what I thought was a great road trip...flew to San Diego to pick up my new 70 914, then drove back to Mount Vernon, WA....1400+ miles...just about the whole west coast.

But you've got me beat... That is a road trip.!!!

regards,
Al
etcmss
were you on I-80 in Wyoming today going east as I was going west?
I saw one red 914 today (you?), 2 911's and 2 Boxsters. one these past me only going about 70 maybe when the speed limit was 75......
one 914 (a yellow one on Friday I-80 going east right after giving up a windshield to Jerry G.)
Gary
orthobiz
QUOTE(etcmss @ Sep 28 2013, 11:34 PM) *

were you on I-80 in Wyoming today going east as I was going west?
I saw one red 914 today (you?), 2 911's and 2 Boxsters. one these past me only going about 70 maybe when the speed limit was 75......
one 914 (a yellow one on Friday I-80 going east right after giving up a windshield to Jerry G.)
Gary

That must have been me! I didn't see the other cars...were you in a 914?

Paul
etcmss
nope---in my F250 pulling a travel trailer on my way to southern Utah for national park visits.
orthobiz
Cornfields. Will have to post a few pics later...

Thanks to all for encouragement.

Paul
sixnotfour
I did Austin Texas to Seattle Washington, good fun,
safe travels, nice 914
orthobiz
Friday leaving California.

IPB Image
orthobiz
Friday night Utah. Gracious host Eric Shea, Mike and me.

IPB Image
orthobiz
Frost on my car! Cold Utah Saturday morning.

IPB Image
Ferg
beerchug.gif piratenanner.gifU back safe and sound now?
orthobiz
Snow was in front of us. Clear sailing Saturday.

IPB Image

Big rocks everywhere.

IPB Image
orthobiz
Slept in Lincoln, Nebraska, coffee in Omaha.

IPB Image
orthobiz
King Corn. Everywhere. Used an instagram photo effect for drama.

IPB Image

Mississippi River Sunday. Why are the rails so high? Can barely see it!

IPB Image
orthobiz
Finally Sunday arrived Brad Mayeur.

IPB Image
orthobiz
Cars in process...

IPB Image

orthobiz
If you plant 914s out back...you don't really grow anything but rust.

IPB Image
orthobiz
No second gear? No problem! Brad has a rebuilt tranny ready to throw in! And lots and lots of other little bits...

After a long day, Michael, me and Brad. See how happy we are? Car is amazing and fun.

IPB Image
orthobiz
Be home by midnight. Finally got my driver!

Thanks to all along the way.

IPB Image

Paul
Jgilliam914
Hey Paul!!
Just a heads up!!
Make a reservation somewhere in Nebraska. The Cornhuskers are at home this weekend and within 90 minutes of Lincoln each side on I-80 you wont be able to find a place to stay. Good luck with the drive
ConeDodger
Umm... I think he is past Nebraska don't you?
Gint
So close!

Looks like a nice 914 Paul. driving.gif
Jgilliam914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 30 2013, 09:41 PM) *

Umm... I think he is past Nebraska don't you?

Yes I was a few days off of when he left I didn't see the date of the 25th
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.