Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Teryn It Up's 71 1.7
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Teryn It Up
Hi everybody. My name is Teryn. I have a 1971 914 1.7. I've owned the car since I was 19. Did some autocross and daily driving for a couple of years and garaged it for the past five years. I became a Porsche Technician in 2012 and have resurrected the car to begin again on repairing and upgrading it. I recently did some minor repairs to make it more reliable after sitting for so long. This winter I hope to go through the motor and complete a five lug conversion. I also hope to learn more about the 914 and air-cooled Porsches.

-Teryn

IPB Image

IPB Image
RSrocket
QUOTE(Teryn It Up @ Sep 26 2013, 12:00 AM) *

Hi everybody. My name is Teryn. I have a 1971 914 1.7. I've owned the car since I was 19. Did some autocross and daily driving for a couple of years and garaged it for the past five years. I became a Porsche Technician in 2012 and have resurrected the car to begin again on repairing and upgrading it. I recently did some minor repairs to make it more reliable after sitting for so long. This winter I hope to go through the motor and complete a five lug conversion. I also hope to learn more about the 914 and air-cooled Porsches.

-Teryn

IPB Image

IPB Image

Hey Teryn,

Welcome!!!

Congrants on becoming a PCar tech! Glad to know that there are others out there that are willing to put the time and $ in to keep a "great" car on the road!

Cheers,
Ron
NORD

welcome.png

Welcome to the madness. It looks like you have a nice car and a good shop.

Check the Teener Tuesday Thread for things going on in the PNW. Don't put that car on jack stands what ever you do for more than two days, they seem to stick and not come off. There is an active bunch of people up here in the Western Washington area. Lots of help on this site also.
KELTY360
QUOTE(NORD @ Sep 26 2013, 02:17 AM) *

welcome.png

Welcome to the madness. It looks like you have a nice car and a good shop.

Check the Teener Tuesday Thread for things going on in the PNW. Don't put that car on jack stands what ever you do for more than two days, they seem to stick and not come off. There is an active bunch of people up here in the Western Washington area. Lots of help on this site also.

agree.gif

welcome.png
cwpeden
welcome.png
ConeDodger
welcome.png One of the few of us who won't need jackstands... av-943.gif
rick 918-S
welcome.png assimilate.gif
Mike Bellis
welcome.png
Teryn It Up
Thanks everybody!
r_towle
Welcome, and it's great to see a porsche mechanic drive a 914 to work.

Be proud, our cars are starting to gain more attention, and park it next to he caymans.
JawjaPorsche
Can't beat red.

welcome.png

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.