Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How I got my Smilie
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JoeSharp
You know the one. If you right click on a smilie you can see the properties on a smilie and you can find out what it takes to just type it into your post and get the smilie. Semicolon joesharp semicolon gets you this jsharp.gif without going to the smilie chart and looking for it. Lisa has 2, I think, Slits has one, Howard has one and I can't remember how many more of us earned them. I got mine by putting on Bar-B-Q's for people like Paul (orthobiz) who is about to take an unknown car to Chicago. I did it for notable 914 people that were coming to visit the LA area for a meet and greet. But as it turned out every one of the jsharp.gif were a meet and greet. When there was a car involved we would put the car up on the stands and give it a once over. Looking to make sure it could make its destination. Cars going through Team NARP Headquarters went as far as Pennsylvania and Florida. We looked at things like the clutch cable and throttle cable, fuel lines, fan belt, battery and so on. Sometimes we would put some parts (mostly used) into the car for some of the more questionable things that we felt might go wrong (clutch cable, throttle cable, alternator or a starter). From what I can remember none of the cars that went through this treatment broke down on their way to their new home. Jon Nelson had the only car that I was sure would not make it to its new home but it did anyway. Because I did this people like Mike Ginter, Lisa Kennedy, Sir Andy, Mike Wills, Joe O'Brien, Waide Stockwell and too many others to mention here had been to my home, Team NARP Headquarters more than once.
Apparently there are still some cars left it the So Cal area that are worth coming and getting. So it is my feeling that someone should pick-up where I left off and have some parties and get to know some of the 914 people from wherever they come from, local to you or taking a car to their home. I mean WTF, its just another PARTY and you probably have beer leftover.
I mean we had so many parties that we had one that we called, No Actual Reason Party, still a NARP event.
Heres hoping that someone can help the guys in the Midwest and the right coast in getting their cars home.
Thank You for your time.
jsharp.gif
rhodyguy
semi stromberg semi. your's is a compliment joe. the other, no so much. biggrin.gif
JoeSharp
Thanks Kevin, I just didn't remember that one, not that I was tring to forget him.
rick 918-S
Joe,

You were always a gracious host. If you went hungry during the WCR it was your own damn fault. jsharp.gif And sometimes people just dropped in when they were in town. shades.gif

If we can make it back to Florida were looking forward to the Joe and Joe show!

BTW: I never had a smiley named after me but I claimed this one. assimilate.gif For all the conversion guys that were inspired by the Alien. You know... Aliens don't only abduct people. alien_2.gif
euro911
Well, I've only hosted two tech session days since 2008, including the lift party at the shop in 2012. I'm only going to keep the shop until March of 2015, but planning on another get-together sometime in 2014.

You're welcome to attend, Joe poke.gif ... cause YOU do the BEST 'Q"s jsharp.gif

I don't have my own smilie on World, but I do have the 'BB' on jack stands over on NARP ... Click to view attachment

How come? laugh.gif
Eric_Shea
You're the best Joe. I'm sure they broke the mold but, here's hoping there's a similar one out there reading this.

smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.