Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Help repair portion of rear firewall: Clutch cable tube & fuel tunnel holes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ndfrigi
Hi everyone,

Lately I've been adjusting my clutch after driving my car, and yesterday I noticed that the clutch cable tube firewall is pushing inside the tunnel. Part of the firewall underneath is tearing off.

Can someone help me do the repair for a low cost? Don't have a budget for this for now or else it will be kept inside the garage for awhile. Wow after I was able to repair and replaced a lot of parts (ss fuel tunnel lines, replaced clutch and accelerator cable, replaced rear shocks and a lot more) and able to drive my teen in very good condition, now this happened!

Can you also share some pictures if you already did a repair on this kind of issue?

Thank you in advance guys and God Bless!

Noel
Cypress, CA 90630

oops sorry the picture of the firewall is upside down.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
OU8AVW
I cut a plate to fit and welded it in place. I also welded the tube inside the tunnel through the shifter aperture. My Build thread
jimkelly
not ideal - but you could MAYBE fab a piece of 16 or 18 guage sheet metal and pop rivet it in place.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(OU8AVW @ Sep 27 2013, 11:51 AM) *

I cut a plate to fit and welded it in place. I also welded the tube inside the tunnel through the shifter aperture. My Build thread

Thank you sir for sharing!
ndfrigi
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Sep 27 2013, 11:57 AM) *

not ideal - but you could fab a piece of 16 or 18 guage sheet metal and pop rivet it in place.

Thank you also sir Jim! God Bless!
ndfrigi
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Sep 27 2013, 11:57 AM) *

not ideal - but you could MAYBE fab a piece of 16 or 18 guage sheet metal and pop rivet it in place.

Thanks for fixing the picture!
rick 918-S
Here's what I did. Page 3.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...04128&st=40

ndfrigi
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 27 2013, 12:34 PM) *

Thank you for sharing sir and God Bless!
Spoke
I used 2 pieces of 14ga steel to rebuild the firewall.

You will likely have to replace the interior welds as they likely broke away too.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Spoke @ Sep 27 2013, 01:27 PM) *

I used 2 pieces of 14ga steel to rebuild the firewall.

You will likely have to replace the interior welds as they likely broke away too.

Thanks a lot, God Bless!
jimkelly
I have to do that
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.