Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for a new CDI box
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
'73-914kid
Well, I've used 3 of the old analog MSD 6A and 6AL boxes over the years, and never an issue.. I went a did a 6 conversion, and purchased a brand new 6A "digital" box, and sure enough, right around the 200 mile mark, it died. Smelled like burned wires, and the box was super hot. Had to hook the pertronix right up to the coil, switched power, etc. to make it home. This is not something I want to go through when I'm in making a long trip to visit the girlfriend.

So, what other boxes have people used with success? I've heard the hyfire is pretty popular? Any input?
yeahmag
Mallory.
tomeric914
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Sep 27 2013, 07:20 PM) *

Well, I've used 3 of the old analog MSD 6A and 6AL boxes over the years, and never an issue.. I went a did a 6 conversion, and purchased a brand new 6A "digital" box, and sure enough, right around the 200 mile mark, it died.

I had one of the first Digital 6A boxes that would bump the tach on start-up just so you knew it was working. The later boxes had the option to turn that feature off, which is what I needed. About 9 months after purchase, I returned it for reprogramming and MSD took care of me. Send it back to MSD and they will repair or replace under warranty if you just got it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.