Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Doing engine compartment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike T
I'm doing the engine compartment in my Green '75 autocrosser in preparation for the V8 swap. smash.gif There is no rust to contend with but currently it's 28 year old faded green with a quicky black spraybomb job. Need some ideas. I thought of just painting it green to match the body. Or I sort of like the look of Hammerite. I am open minded on the matter.

Mike T
Brad Roberts
Go green. Make it easy to see when working on the car. Dont use the trunk texture crap.. ir never really dries.

B
need4speed
I would go with white - for the same reason - makes it easier to see what you're working on, plus, easier to spot leaks, etc.
joea9146
I like to keep the same color as the car
watsonrx13
Green, definately green...
Andyrew
You should be able to see things just about as clearly in the green as you do white, plus lotsa dirt/grease isnt as noticable.. Good luck!
Qarl
Rust colored. That way you won't notice the rust.
Zeke
Candy apple tagerine metal flake. ohmy.gif
Frankly, I'll vote for green as well. Not my favorite color, but matching the exterior is always a winner. I don't see a problem with the black either. I've seen a few engines with the tin painted colors to set the engine off from the black.

BTW, you can see the oil, grease and dirt on any surface. Don't kid yourselves. ph34r.gif ; cool_shades.gif
J P Stein
I like light colors....white or light gray. Yours is not exactly a CW car biggrin.gif
Lawrence
White, silver, yellow? smile.gif

Anything to get more light in the bay.

-Rusty
Gint
Tangerine! Oh wait, that's my car. Seriously, I thought about painting my engine compartment white or grey. In the end though I think the orange will be bright enough (once all of the years of caked on grease is gone).

I would just paint it green to match the car color.
Lawrence
Even green will be bright, once he ditches the engine sound pad and cleans all the glue up.

-Rusty
Mike T
@#%$&*! glue! ar15.gif What the hell is that made out of? Finally ended up sanding to get rid of it. I keep thinking of how nice it will look all shiney green.

Pass the sandpaper please...

Mike T
Aaron Cox
id go with car color....unless you went chamelion laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.