Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guage and Getty dash questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ben*james
I have a Getty dash on the way, thank you Jamie. beerchug.gif I guess he pillaged it from one of the three dozen teeners he owned last year poke.gif !

My question is: what guages should I use? My current set up has the three stock guages plus smaller ones including volt, temp, and oil pressure.

Second question (now that I'm on a roll): my speedo is frozen so I'll be addressing that during the project. Would it be better to just buy a used set of 911 guages? I would like to avoid a rewire if possible as I'm mechanically challenged.

Third, how do I incorporate all this with a lighting upgrade? :fishing:

If I were to just buy new guages that used my existing wiring set up, what would I be out?

What kind of sick sob knows the answers to these questions? blink.gif
TIA
Click to view attachment
shoguneagle
There are some of us that have done this exchange. Sick S.O.B????

First wait until you get the dash and see if it has the instrument pod container. You may have to build your own pod container depending where you want to put the gauges, etc. I have all 911 gauges. Enough for now!!!

Sick S.O.B.!!!!!

Bye for now and may you ponder, ponder, ponder, .... . . . .. ..Have a pleasant nightmare!!! More to come.

Seriously, I do enjoy my Getty dash and have always wanted to do one since I first saw the 914 in the early seventies. Do not be in a rush in doing the job and take your time in planning the layout including the wiring requirements. I put my gauges in the console: Voltage, Amp, Vacuum. The instrument pod: Oil Quantity, Fuel Quantity, Oil temperature, Oil pressure, Speedo, Tach, and clock. At this point in time I determined my wiring requirements along with the wiring for the front fans/oil cooler.

Hope that helps you get started.

Steve
jim_hoyland
I used the following, fromm left to right:

1. Combo voltmeter/fuel tank
2. Combo Oil pressure/oil temp
3. Tach
4. Speedo
5. Clock

North Hollywood Speedometer repainted all the dial faces to match the interior and the dash face was painted to match the car color.There are several threads from peeps that have done the Getty Dash installation

Good luck and enjoy smile.gif
timothy_nd28
Make sure you get a type 2 clock, if you want future backlighting. The type one is damn near impossible to take apart without destroying.
ben*james
QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Sep 28 2013, 07:19 AM) *

Make sure you get a type 2 clock, if you want future backlighting. The type one is damn near impossible to take apart without destroying.

Thanks, I'll make a note of that! Im thinking I need to gather a complete set then send them your way.
ben*james
Jim, wonderful looking dash :drool:

Thanks for the input, I'll check out the post.
ben*james
QUOTE(shoguneagle @ Sep 27 2013, 10:40 PM) *

There are some of us that have done this exchange. Sick S.O.B????

First wait until you get the dash and see if it has the instrument pod container. You may have to build your own pod container depending where you want to put the gauges, etc. I have all 911 gauges. Enough for now!!!

Sick S.O.B.!!!!!

Bye for now and may you ponder, ponder, ponder, .... . . . .. ..Have a pleasant nightmare!!! More to come.

Seriously, I do enjoy my Getty dash and have always wanted to do one since I first saw the 914 in the early seventies. Do not be in a rush in doing the job and take your time in planning the layout including the wiring requirements. I put my gauges in the console: Voltage, Amp, Vacuum. The instrument pod: Oil Quantity, Fuel Quantity, Oil temperature, Oil pressure, Speedo, Tach, and clock. At this point in time I determined my wiring requirements along with the wiring for the front fans/oil cooler.

Hope that helps you get started.

Steve

Yep, very helpful you sick SOB lol-2.gif

When I get going ill start a thread to share the nightmare!
wes
Jims car is wonderful all the way through!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.