Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AAR revisited
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lsintampa
A while ago, I fried my ignition wiring. At that time, I thought that my AAR valve was shorted, but in hind site, I'm not totally sure that was the case.

Is there some way to test the AAR valve for shorts?

Thanks,

Len
Java2570
Len - I believe that taking a resistance reading you should get approx. 14 ohms....
thats + lead to AAR connector and - grounding on case of AAR. If you have a problem in the wire you should have a higher ohm reading. I know I fritzed out my old one in a similar way and testing it got a reading of about 36 ohms. Plus, my reading varied quite a lot when I moved the wire around during testing. You should also verify that you are getting 12 V from the wiring harness....
lsintampa
QUOTE(Java2570 @ Sep 28 2013, 10:14 AM) *

Len - I believe that taking a resistance reading you should get approx. 14 ohms....
thats + lead to AAR connector and - grounding on case of AAR. If you have a problem in the wire you should have a higher ohm reading. I know I fritzed out my old one in a similar way and testing it got a reading of about 36 ohms. Plus, my reading varied quite a lot when I moved the wire around during testing. You should also verify that you are getting 12 V from the wiring harness....

I think what happened to me was that the +12 going to the AAR went right to ground via the case.

Should there be continuity between the + lead and the case?

(reveal - I know nothing about electronics) unsure.gif
76-914
but you already know this one. voltage is always looking for a ground. you've got +power to it. it's going somewhere. it's on a path to ............
TheCabinetmaker
remove the unit and stick it in the freeze for 15 minutes.
can you blow thru it? If so, its open. Hook the lead to 12V, and ground the case. I use a batterycharger. If it heats up and closes,its good. Normally, the lead shorting to ground will just blow the fuse on the relay board and render it and the fuel pump inoperative.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.