Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche graphic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
budk
I have a commercial cooler in my garage for beer. It's the typical 22 or 25 cf cooler with a glass front door. It will hold about 20 cases of beer if fully stocked. beer3.gif

Above the door is a sign that is backlighted. It currently has a coke graphic but I would like something more garage related. I have an extra piece of plexiglass for it and it's 8.5" H x 29" L.

Anyone have a Porsche graphic that I could have printed on vinyl (I assume) and would look good when back lit at that size? Maybe even a 914 or Bumblebee graphic? confused24.gif

I'm open to suggestions.
Mike Bellis
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
poorsche914
Can you backlight in yellow? If so, install black vinyl with PORSCHE cut out to emulate the side stripe of the Bumble Bee.

driving.gif
budk
IT's a fluorescent lamp.... not sure if I can get one in yellow, but that's a good idea.
Jon H.
QUOTE(budk @ Sep 28 2013, 12:57 PM) *

IT's a fluorescent lamp.... not sure if I can get one in yellow, but that's a good idea.

You can get sleeves that slide over the tube in various colours, not sure where though.

jon
budk
QUOTE(Jon H. @ Sep 28 2013, 05:20 PM) *

QUOTE(budk @ Sep 28 2013, 12:57 PM) *

You can get sleeves that slide over the tube in various colours, not sure where though.

jon

They make a flexible gel sleeve called gamtube that slides over the tube... it comes in a range of yellows'. That might be the cheapest option. But I would still have to figure out how to get Porsche printed on a black vinyl that I would then cut out the logo with an exacto knife carefully enough that it wouldn't look like shit.
poorsche914
QUOTE(budk @ Sep 28 2013, 06:30 PM) *
They make a flexible gel sleeve called gamtube that slides over the tube... it comes in a range of yellows'. That might be the cheapest option. But I would still have to figure out how to get Porsche printed on a black vinyl that I would then cut out the logo with an exacto knife carefully enough that it wouldn't look like shit.

No need to cut with an exacto knife... have the vinyl cut and they can remove the "unwanted" parts.

driving.gif

rick 918-S
Find a local vinyl cutter, bring your plexi-glass piece and your idea. (photo, sketch, etc) And they will get it done.

I took a tracing off Sandy's car before I stripped the stripe. I brought in my computer and showed him my Area51Werks logo and had him add it to the stripe. I think it was $ 50.00 out the door. The point is you can take an idea to them and they will make it work. Love the beer cooler thing.
bigkensteele
If you PM username Van, he can make you whatever you want. Not too pricey either.
boxsterfan
QUOTE(budk @ Sep 28 2013, 08:36 AM) *

I have a commercial cooler in my garage for beer. It's the typical 22 or 25 cf cooler with a glass front door. It will hold about 20 cases of beer if fully stocked. beer3.gif

Above the door is a sign that is backlighted. It currently has a coke graphic but I would like something more garage related. I have an extra piece of plexiglass for it and it's 8.5" H x 29" L.

Anyone have a Porsche graphic that I could have printed on vinyl (I assume) and would look good when back lit at that size? Maybe even a 914 or Bumblebee graphic? confused24.gif

I'm open to suggestions.

More importantly, what is the status of the quantity of beer in the cooler? beer3.gif
budk

More importantly, what is the status of the quantity of beer in the cooler? beer3.gif
[/quote]

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I'll go the route of having someone cut it for me.... whether local or a forum member.

Stock in the cooler changes constantly, right now there are 2 cases of Sam Adams Octoberfest, 4 cases of Sam Adams Pumpkin, a case of Guinness, 2 cases of Kellerweis, case of Yuengling and some miscellaneous leftovers.

beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
Rick I love your subtle modification to the Porsche stripe. Very cool.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.