Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vintage Insurance....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
Obviously my 356 qualifies, but when does a 911?

It recently turned 20 years old and the Vintage insurance company I use says the criteria is 25 years.....anyone know a company that will write a rate for a 20 year old car?

Any old pharts out there know?
72Signal914
In FL its 30 years to register it, not sure about insurance, you're lucky that its 25, could have saved a crap load of money when I first got the car
Joe Bob
I just applied online at Hagerty Insurance....586 a year for the 356 and the 911.
Mountain914
It depends on what your goals are.
I chose to use Hagerty Insurance (www.hagerty.com) because:
1) They have *agreed* value. Meaning we came to an agreement on the value of my car, and that's what I would be paid if it were destroyed/stolen. Most insurance companies do not do this, they use appraised values or book values.
2) Places like Leland-West wouldn't touch a car like mine (but they probably would yours if original).
3) Hagerty has language that allow driving for pleasure, where places like Grundy's does not.
4) All this is assuming limited miles, not a grocery getter, etc.. which I assume is OK with you since you were asking about vintage insurance.
If this is just a daily driver, you would be best with state farm or you current insurance company on other cars/house/etc...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.