Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: H gear
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dwillouby
Just completed my trans rebuild. I installed an H gearset in place of 5th , Moved the old 5th to 4th, and moved 4th to third. Removed the first gearwheel and locked out first. Replaced a couple of bearings,ect.
I followed Bondos and Redbeards procedures. Could not believe how easy this was. Took the car out for a test and this made a huge difference! Car is so much more driveable, and faster!
My biggest gripe with the V8 901 converson was running out of gear to quickly. This is much better.

David
bondo
sweet, you finised before I did! smile.gif Glad my pics helped you out! burnout.gif
Joe Bob
Good...waiting on delivery of MY H gear 901.....wooohoooo...
BIGKAT_83
I did mine a few months ago, makes a big improvement and no real trouble to do.

smilie_pokal.gif Bob
jwalters
Hey guys, where are you getting this?? What is the ratio change?? How much does it cost???

Thanks in advance................ beerchug.gif
BIGKAT_83
The "H" gearset drops the 5th ratio from .709 to .59 You can find the gear set at different prices I think bondo had his for sale at $400 or maybe less

Bob
bondo
Just sold mine. Otto has a new one for sale (or he did a while back) and I've heard they can be had used for $300 but I was never able to find the source. You can always buy an early 912 4 speed trans and yoink it from that (That's what I did)
Joe Bob
150 for mine....killer deal from a friend on the blink.gif little penis board....
bondo
That's cheating smile.gif Nice avatar BTW... I'm looking for an interior trim screw cap, do you have one for sale? I'll need a picture of course lol2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.