Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT: local pick-up request
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ripper911
I'm looking at something I might buy on Ebay, it's probably going to go cheap since the seller wont ship, and I'm trying to see if it would be possible to have someone help me out with this if I decide to buy.

It would be 5 cellos in various states of disrepair. It would probably end up being a situation where I would need to have them all picked up and shipped individually when time (or funds) would allow. I could probably send some boxes out to you for shipping them tome.

I'm always looking for new project instruments and I haven't tried fixing a cello yet, hopefully at least one or two of these would be better than what I currently have after being repaired.

Please let me know.
SLITS
Protective boxes? They look large, fragile, etc.,. 48" X 18" X 10" each?

I'm not local, but a Saturday pickup could be possible. Where and how to store them would be a problem as well as how to transport them from the seller to my facility (Pickup truck).

Shipment would be by UPS Ground.
ripper911
Thank you for the offer slits. I've placed a bid. My neighbor might know someone who can help. I'll let you know what happens.

They shouldn't be hard to ship, especially since they're not in the best shape to begin with.
ripper911
In the next day or two I will bring a cello to work so that I can figure out what size box they will need and also to get an estimate of the expected shipping costs.
I forgot to bring one today... dry.gif

It's great to have helpful people in far away places!
rhodyguy
with the dimensions ron used you're at 104" (girth+length) and i imagine the box size is too small to fully protect one. i think shipping is going to be steep. especially x5.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.