Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BOV
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
Not sure if what I was told on the blow off valve, in that I could cap off the bigger hose that puts the air back into the system, while leaving the smaller hose hooked up, and would vent the excess air out into the environment? Is that advisable to do that? Would be nice if I could, so I could get rid of that big clumsy hose.......

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Maltese Falcon
Blow Off Valve, usually designed to vent excess unwanted boost (trapped against a closed -throttle body) out to the atmosphere.
Recirculation valve, designed to vent excess unwanted boost ( same conditions) back into the inlet tract -back into the compressor inlet.
I'm not familiar with the brand/type in your picture, but the dedicated type of valve should not be routed "Different" to its required operation.
I am biased in using the recirc. valve in our track cars, brings the boost back a little quicker !
partwerks
Are you saying that mine is a recirculation valve then, and not a BOV?
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(partwerks @ Sep 29 2013, 02:24 PM) *

Are you saying that mine is a recirculation valve then, and not a BOV?

Yes you have a recirc valve.

It can be blown to the atmosphere but it will cause the engine to see a rich condition in between shifts. You will loose some hp in the process.

If you just want a "whoosh" sound; Grow up. It is no longer required to be cool. The cool part comes when your little sleeper passes everything on the road.
partwerks
I'm not worried about any sound, especially since I wear plugs when driving anyway, but my point was to get rid of that hose, but maybe I can just re route it with a better location with less hose instead, but wanted to ask before I assume anything.
Mike Bellis
You can reroute it just as long as the A to B path is the same.

Here is a pic of mine. I'm running an HKS BOV with a recirc connection (blue hoses). It blows all air back into the turbo inlet after the MAF.

Click to view attachment
r_towle
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Sep 29 2013, 05:45 PM) *

You can reroute it just as long as the A to B path is the same.

Here is a pic of mine. I'm running an HKS BOV with a recirc connection (blue hoses). It blows all air back into the turbo inlet after the MAF.

Click to view attachment

Stripes and pipes don't match......
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 29 2013, 08:10 PM) *

Stripes and pipes don't match......

Actually the red (hot side) pipe is the hot compressed air from the turbo. The blue (cold side) is the DV post intercooler.

Maybe I should have flipped the stripes... KMA.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.