Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Factory 914/6 Coil
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Targa70
I have seen several different sticker and color combinations on coils. Can anyone tell me what the factory coil looked like on a '70 914/6? I am doing a resto and want to make is as correct as possible. Also curious about the turn signal and windshield washer stickers. thanks
pete000
I might have some if you need them.

Most of the aftermarket ones are incorrect...
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(pete000 @ Sep 29 2013, 08:42 PM) *

................and most of the real ones are dead. Bosch replacement coils specific to 911/914-6s are notoriously failure prone, and are often the cause of CD box failure.

The Cap'n
Eric_Shea
I hope the link works. I think the blaster's are better than the new Brazilian Bosch units.

Rustoleum color is cinnamon.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1...8192&type=3
mskala
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 29 2013, 11:57 PM) *

................and most of the real ones are dead. Bosch replacement coils specific to 911/914-6s are notoriously failure prone, and are often the cause of CD box failure.

The Cap'n

Why do I read this board? Every day I get more things to worry about!

Every part I haven't replaced is a time bomb, and every part I did replace is
probably done wrong. headbang.gif
R8CERX
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 29 2013, 08:57 PM) *

The Cap'n

Cap-
Explain what u mean about cd box failure- r u talking about the radio and a cd box not working? idea.gif
toolguy
Whoa. . you're thinking CD as in compact disk. . . think Capacitive Discharge box. . . it goes on a mount at the front of the battery. . IIRC, when I looked at your car, you have an more modern ignition system. .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.