Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How much are Fuchs Worth
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
microsa
What is a really nice set of 5 914/4 Fuchs worth? These are very nice, straight and have the center caps. I found a nice little 73 LE 2.0L with 64K mi. that has been sitting in a garage for 14 years. I can get the car for cheap. Selling the Fuchs might help pay for the car.
Thanks
Mike Allen
Mueller
$100 a piece min. if in good shape.....
lapuwali
Prices vary wildly. I've seen plenty of complete sets go for $450-500. I've also seen people try to get $800-900, but I haven't heard of any actual sales at those prices.
Dave_Darling
"About" $400-$500. Condition can raise or lower the price. If the center caps are included (and they are in good shape, not beat to shit by decades of tire-monkey abuse!) and the correct long lug bolts, the price goes up.

--DD
SLITS
Jeff......Calling Jeff.............JEFF?

Did they make funny paint jobs (LE's) in '73?

For 5 - $375.00 in poor shape - $700 in great shape. LE's came with Mahles I thought idea.gif
microsa
Well, I was assuming LE. It's got Fuchs, console with gages, (and A/C) fog lights all of which look orginal= LE? Yes/No?
seanery
no,
LE=bumblee paint job with yellow mahles
or creamsicle paint job with red mahles

and 1974 model year
GWN7
QUOTE(seanery @ Dec 16 2004, 04:39 PM)
no,
LE=bumblee paint job with yellow mahles
or creamsicle paint job with red mahles

and 1974 model year

Don't forget the green one......sort of like a unicorn...

beerchug.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(microsa @ Dec 16 2004, 05:35 PM)
Well, I was assuming LE. It's got Fuchs, console with gages, (and A/C) fog lights all of which look orginal= LE?  Yes/No?

'73 is worth the most of all (Sorry Jeff). Does it have front/rear sway bars and a 2.0L engine too? If it does, it was referred to as the "S" model by some dealers until PONA killed the name to avoid embarassment of the 911S.

Iffin you can get it "cheap" (whatever that means in your neck of the woods), go for it.
redshift
I hate 73s.

smile.gif

I hate 914s!

M
microsa
It has factory sway bars, is a 73 and has 63K mi and has been parked in a garage for 14 years. Rusty battery box but suspension console is solid. FI missing from years ago. $600.00 I would like to sell the wheels to help pay for the purchase of the car.
GWN7
Check the inside of them to see if they have the fox logo and the 914 serial number to make sure they are real.

Just one question...if you buy the car and then sell the nice wheels on it. What are you going to put back on it?

You need wheels to drive it and you will be no further ahead if you have to buy some in the future.
microsa
I just don't like the Fuchs on a 914. (Ducking for cover) I will more than likely go to 6.5 wide steel wheels, painted gloss black with SS trim rings and standard early center hub caps. Or may got straight to 5 lug w/some sort of 911/Boxter wheel.
SLITS
$600 - $400 (Wheels) = $200 + $300 (used djet system) = $500 + $100 (steel wheels) = $600 + new tires + new rubber + hours to make it run + ..................................,

You're worrying about paying for the car and then talking about a 5 lug w/Boxster wheels...........................Boy, I am really missing something here. unsure.gif
SteveSr
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Dec 16 2004, 05:40 PM)

Just one question...if you buy the car and then sell the nice wheels on it. What are you going to put back on it?

You need wheels to drive it and you will be no further ahead if you have to buy some in the future.

He'll drive the car home,sell the nice wheels and then put the car up on jack stands like the rest of us laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

SteveSr
SLITS
agree.gif

We are really unmerciful here biggrin.gif
microsa
Are the lug bolts for the Fuchs on the 914 of any particular special type? I
got the new-to-me 73 2L car home and have been looking the whole car over
trying to decide to build it or part it. Very little rust found so far
(famous last words) and the car is well equipped.
Mike Allen
SLITS
All 914 alloy wheels use the 38 MM lug bolt (all the same), whereas stock is 25 MM for the steel wheels. List on the alloy bolts was around $20.00 each, but aftermarket ones can be had for around $60.00 for a set.

Yes, they are special.

Oh, I forgot
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
skline
Keep the car, keep the wheels and just restore it and drive it. Sell it a year or so down the road and then build what you want. The car will only go up in value.

Just my $250.00 opinion
microsa
Still don't know what to do with the car. By the way the car has been sitting for 20 years, has not been registered since 1984! Lots of different critter have been calling it home for a while.

Here is a link to the wheel pics.

http://uk.photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/lo...rc=gr%26.view=t

Thanks all
Trekkor
Nice find.

I'm eyeballing a '73 2.0 with Fuchs and sways as well.
We'll see.

If I keep it, I'll dump the wheels, too, as I also don't care for them.

KT
914werke
yup. that looks to be a factory front anti-sway link.
Keep it & fix it...or sell it to me for $600 w00t.gif
tracks914
Send me some pictures, and then sell it to me. I don't mind the look of the rims and I'm looking for a new project car. That sounds like a good starter. cool_shades.gif
microsa
Link to the wheels, any opinions on what they might be worth?
Thanks all.
http://uk.photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/lo...rc=gr%26.view=t
cha914
So you bought a 600 buck 914 instead of that 1200 buck 944? Or did you get both IPB Image ?

Good to hear you are a 914 owner again ... lol ...

Oh and linky no worky ...

Tony
microsa
Actually, I got a $400.00 914 and passed on the $1200 944!
See if this link works:

http://66.140.241.85/forum/photo_album_vie...&cid=25&page=11

Still haven't decided what to do with it, any thoughts?
tracks914
Does the car run?
Would it make a 3000 mile trip to a new home?
What do you really want to do with it?
cha914
Well...if the longs are in good shape, it could be a nice project, but it might be easier to part it out and use those funds to purchase one of the several nice running 914's that have been for sale recently. I have seen several in the 3-5k range that are basically the car I have been building for about half what I have into mine IPB Image

Hindsight is always 20/20 ... either that or looks like a great v8 / subaru candidate IPB Image

however, if you part it out, I got dibbs on the black interior IPB Image

Tony
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.