Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Accelerator Cable Removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
74914LE
Anyone have any good insight on how to remove an accelerator cable that is binding upon removal? It is sticking about 10inches from the firewall. When it binds, I have to take a straight wire, and tap it to get it to move again. The same thing happens when trying to run it back in to the petals...a slight bind about 20 inches further in...but it clear with a slight tap. Have pulled on it to the point that I am afraid of destroying it in removal. It is a -6 cable, so would like to save.

Need to remove it, so I can get the engine compartment painted. Before I start taking banging and bending, thought I would check with those that have been before....

Thanks!
TheCabinetmaker
There was a very detailed thread on just that subject a few months ago.
dangrouche
my install technique was to rotate it as pushing it forward, so I would try the reverse if wanting to remove it. that is, rotate it while pulling rearwards. rotate the cable in the direction the twist of the cable, so as not to "unwind" the natural twist of the cable.
Elliot Cannon
Doesn't anyone want to piss off Capt. Krusty and ask about using a piece of string pulled through the tunnel. happy11.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif poke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.