Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rechrome Door Handles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Steve_R
Has anyone rechromed outside door handles? Is it possible?
I think it would be easy to drill out the hinge rivet and reinstall a new one after chrome.
rick 918-S
There are reproduction ones available I think. I'm not sure of the quality though. I remember Chappy saying he purchased several sets to get nice ones.

I'm sure you can re-chrome them.
sixnotfour
Yes, no problem , just be careful drilling blink.gif
McMark
Are those hole spaced correctly?
CptTripps
I was going to have mine powder-coated black. I'm sure you can re-chrome just about anything though.
URY914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 30 2013, 09:45 PM) *

There are reproduction ones available I think. I'm not sure of the quality though. I remember Chappy saying he purchased several sets to get nice ones.

I'm sure you can re-chrome them.

There were reporduction flappers being sold by AA but they were junk. Weren't even the right size. Pelican stopped selling them because of the quality problems.
Mike Bellis
I bought nice repros from Parts Heaven for $124 each.

I dont think you could get them chromed cheaper than that. In California, most chromers are out of business anyways... sad.gif
Drums66
.....I have 2 ext. door handles,that I rechromed (concours looking
Not good with pic's(they are for sale?)with new plastic cam's shades.gif
bye1.gif$300 for L&R(SORRY I'M in the wrong PLACE!!)SOLD!.....I'll chrome another set!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.