Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seeking picture or diagram
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914itis
I am looking for a picture or diagram on how to route the aftermarket oil line from the engine block to the tank. The output for the tank is above the Tins and the one for the motor is under. How do I bring it down from the tank? Tank is at stock location.

Thanks
Paul
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(914itis @ Oct 1 2013, 05:33 AM) *

I am looking for a picture or diagram on how to route the aftermarket oil line from the engine block to the tank. The output for the tank is above the Tins and the one for the motor is under. How do I bring it down from the tank? Tank is at stock location.

Thanks
Paul

You need to drill a hole in the engine shelf and run it under the front of the engine along the fire wall and to the side of the engine! You can not use the factory hard 6 oil line with that front engine mount so you need to make one!

I don't know if you can see it in this photo!!
914itis
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Oct 1 2013, 08:50 AM) *

Thanks
Paul

You need to drill a hole in the engine shelf and run it under the front of the engine along the fire wall and to the side of the engine! You can not use the factory hard 6 oil line with that front engine mount so you need to make one!

Thanks Jeff that's what I needed to know, I already have the aftermarket oil lines made by Patrick motorsports.
914itis
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Oct 1 2013, 08:50 AM) *

Thanks
Paul

It is hard to see in the picture .
Jeffs9146
You just need to drill the hole large enough to get the fitting through! It is straight across from where it attaches! Make it as low as you can so it won't chaife on the edges when you turn it down to go under the engine mount!

Mine is kind of large because I had a rust spot that I just cut out!
SLITS
There is a boss stamped into the engine shelf sheet metal where the original "short hose" passed thru from below the engine tin/shelf.

That bottom fitting is the feed to the oil filter and tank from the scavenge side of the motor oil pump. The original six hard line ran from the scavenge port on the passsenger side of the block, between the HEs and oil return tubes to the engine firewall and then across the front of the engine (below the tins) and terminated just short of the drivers' side engine shelf. The "short hose" ran from this line to the inlet of the tank.

The "split line" went from the rear edge of the oil tank to the inlet to the oil pump (suction line) which is the tube below on the on board oil cooler. It was split so you could drain the oil from the tank without removing the fitting from the oil pump inlet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.